Fordmods Logo

V8 ECU Codes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: V8 ECU Codes
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

Hey all, trust everyone has had a fine xmas and new year. Party over and time to finish the car off. I'm having a few probs with the ef xr8 motor and gearbox..well more to the point the gearbox. I thought I had figured all of the wiring out (I have done an engine transplant into a mustang) to get the gearbox running nicely. I still think I need to recalibrate the vss however what i really want to do is get the codes out of the v8 tcm to see if there is a problem.

Can I assume that this is done in the same way as a normal ECU, hook up STI and STO? If it is are the codes the same as the normal 6 cyl ECU i.e. the ones about solenoids etc?

Anyone able to confirm? many thanks!!

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

tcm codes are similar to 6 cylinder ecu codes with some exeptions do you have the original loom with the diagnostic socket?

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

No I don't but I have isolated the wires from the TCM that connect to the socket. I'm going down to the wrecking yard to pick one up and put the bloody thing in my glove box. Might make it easier if/when the thing goes into mechanic shops.

Is there anyway I can get a list of the codes? There are a few US versions but their codes seem to be different all together.

Many Thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]