V8 LPG injection? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: V8 LPG injection?
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EBII 220kw Tickford powered.

ACT, Australia

Has anyone heard if there has been progress with this?

I thought Gasresearch were looking into it.

The car should be called "Frankenstien". EBII GLi skeleton, AU T2 220kw heart, AU2 brain, EF/EL for everything else.

"Bitza" Member 28 on FORDMODS v1.0 Joined 28-04-2002
"TS50EB" Member 300 on FORDMODS v1.1 Rejoined 6-11-2004

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

GasResearch does standard type performance gas systems what your looking for is here http://www.gas-injection.com.au/index.html
I'm still tossing up on which system to go for, still need to do a bit more reasearch myself.. :lol:

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:10 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

are you interested in lpg vapour injection or lpg liquid injection ?
there is a big differance between the above two types of systems.

as yet neither system is commercailly available.
both seem to indicate hitting the market around the same time.
both seem to indicate they will be competative with current lpg systems.
at best, it will be 6 months before they will be available.

from what i understand of these systems, the liquid injection will be the beez kneez especially for turbo engines and may be made available for diesel fumigation (running on diesel and lpg at same time).

cheers, itchione

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Futura

VIC, Australia

ItchiOne wrote:

from what i understand of these systems, the liquid injection will be the beez kneez especially for turbo engines and may be made available for diesel fumigation (running on diesel and lpg at same time).

cheers, itchione

Some of the new commies are coming out with the vapour injection. Supposedly they reckon on the V8 there is no power loss at all on gas with this system. Sounds pretty good though!

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Vapour injection has been around in europe for a while but has been very costly.

Two aussie companies have come up with better systems and both can produce more power on lpg vapour or lpg liguid injection than on petrol injection.

I recently looked at installing a Parnell (conventional) lpg system but i had to wait till March next year before they could fit it.

By this time i hope that lpg liquid injection should have hit the market and at a better price to the current parnel system.

The thing i like about the lpg liquid injection system is that it looks like a standard petrol injection system; they plan to just change the injectors, modify the fuel rail, install a tank with internal high pressure pump and reprogram the ECU.

LPG liquid injection does end up a dedicated lpg install but with more power than standard and more potential than petrol. Lpg has an octain rating of 106 and the liquid injection cools the incoming air so it's ideal for a turbo engine :D

I guess some may want a duel fuel setup and in that case the aussie vapour injection system is ideal.

Cheers, Itchione

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

ItchiOne wrote:

cheers, itchione

Parnell do the Vapour Injection as a commercial product now. I had it installed back in july 04, when it was still a dev product. It's a good system, worth the $.

Read about it here.... http://www.parnell.com.au/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=26

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Boral Alternative Fuel Systems should have the Liquid Injection setup soon ... still testing though ... but only really available for up 200kw at the flywheel though for started ... so OK for I6 factory setups ... but not the V8s yet though.

Have heard good things about the vapour systems though ... I know of a new Territory running and SVI system ... power and economy is the same as petrol.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
Boral Alternative Fuel Systems should have the Liquid Injection setup soon ... still testing though ... but only really available for up 200kw at the flywheel though for started ... so OK for I6 factory setups ... but not the V8s yet though.

Have heard good things about the vapour systems though ... I know of a new Territory running and SVI system ... power and economy is the same as petrol.

I will swear by my SVI vapour system. It's great. Expensive but worth the ca$h. Wish i could fit one as a straight LPG to my turbo torana project, but that can't be done YET, so running a GRA carby setup.

In my ford with SVI injection, i find my power is only 2kw less and torque is the same, my economy is close as well. Much better than traditional donut systems for EFI engines. Don't notice the power differance when driving the car. My car has 252k kms on the clock and is starting to get a tad tired tho. Still goes rather well tho, and i suppries a lot of ppl at the traffic light races when i pull away from them, and they notice i'm running LPG. :twisted:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well #1 is the fact there isn't much " headroom " left in the injectors over an almost stock I6, and #2 is the fact i own 4 cars, 2 registered DD's, the EB Ford & Mighty Boy. I've got the Torana & a Hz Panel Van in rebuilds in the shed atm, so i can't afford to turbo my ford. YET. Maybe in a year or two.

I can't answer about the rev's question, but i know my ford will rev to it's redline pretty quickly, without any issues. Dunno what it's comp is, 9:1?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]