Fordmods Logo

What does pin 34 do... 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: What does pin 34 do...
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 850

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

Location: Forest Lake
QLD, Australia

i have a trip computer which i believe may be faulty. it has 12V comming out to the pin that connects to the puter.
Does anyone know if this is correct and that pin 34 on the EEC shorts to ground to pass information to the trip computer?
If someone has a tc handy can you test with a multimeter if their +12 volts at pin 5 with ignition on?
thanks,

 

_________________

Regards,
Punnisher_42
_____________
2003 BA Fairmont - Stock standard
1994 U13 cough Nissan Cough Bluebird

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: What does pin 34 do...
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:27 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Punnisher_42 wrote:
i have a trip computer which i believe may be faulty. it has 12V comming out to the pin that connects to the puter.
Does anyone know if this is correct and that pin 34 on the EEC shorts to ground to pass information to the trip computer?
If someone has a tc handy can you test with a multimeter if their +12 volts at pin 5 with ignition on?
thanks,


Dunno if its' the same with an EB, but on EF/EL's the TC gets it data from the cluster, not the EEC. You can't use the EEC's data line.

But maybe it's different for the EBs.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:46 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

pin 34 is DOL(Data output link) therefore it is a datastream. You need a C.R.O. to look at this data, not a multimeter.

Pete.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 850

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

Location: Forest Lake
QLD, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
pin 34 is DOL(Data output link) therefore it is a datastream. You need a C.R.O. to look at this data, not a multimeter.

Pete.

i just wanted to know if someones working trip computer has 12volts at pin 5. because i have fitted the before and blew the fusible links.
I am pretty sure that they blew because of a bare wire under the dash that i found was arching on the steering column. i then went over the trip computer circutry with the multimeter, and the only thing i found that i thought was weird was that there was 12 volts going to the EEC.

 

_________________

Regards,
Punnisher_42
_____________
2003 BA Fairmont - Stock standard
1994 U13 cough Nissan Cough Bluebird

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:09 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Punnisher_42 wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
pin 34 is DOL(Data output link) therefore it is a datastream. You need a C.R.O. to look at this data, not a multimeter.

Pete.

i just wanted to know if someones working trip computer has 12volts at pin 5. because i have fitted the before and blew the fusible links.
I am pretty sure that they blew because of a bare wire under the dash that i found was arching on the steering column. i then went over the trip computer circutry with the multimeter, and the only thing i found that i thought was weird was that there was 12 volts going to the EEC.


A 12v reading would be correct because it is a 0-12v signal. Only when the EEC pin34 is connected would you see a variation in the level but you would only see this with CRO...a multimeter is too slow to respond hence you will only see 12v.

Pete.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 850

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

Location: Forest Lake
QLD, Australia

ok cool. it just seemed a bit weird and i didn't particularly want to see that grey smoke pouring out of the bonnet ever again.

 

_________________

Regards,
Punnisher_42
_____________
2003 BA Fairmont - Stock standard
1994 U13 cough Nissan Cough Bluebird

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names