Fordmods Logo

what is the best chip for the job. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: what is the best chip for the job.
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef XR8 / xe fairmont ghia 393.

SA, Australia

hey guys i have been speaking to a dyno fella. bout getting my computer remapped and programmed to run bigger injectors. he said he will b able to do the job however he will need the computer to be chipped.

so my next question is does any one know of any good chips that can allow the ef xr8 comp to be re programmed.the reason im having it re programmed is because the motor i have put in it is a au3 220 v8 motor. hence the injectore are flowing more... i have changed over all of my front end accesories over to the new motor so the loom matches up. just the injectors ant powersteering lines and air con bieng a b**ch... cheers guys... jagga

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Any reason not to just put the 19lb injectors back in..?

If you've got the cash spare, the best "chip" IMO would be the CAPA Eliminator chip. Have it tuned to suit the 24lb injectors and 70mm MAF from the AU motor.

Post subject: cheers
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

cheers i will enquire bout 1... i think im gonna need it i checked out its info... was impressed. cheers for the reccomendation... sry tho next question... where can i get my hands on one of these beasts

Ef xr8. Charged 9psi, tw 170 heads,track heat intakes,1.72 rockers, f303 cam, custom plazma man/ rapid cooler, 60lb injectors, tko600, sct eliminator, aeromotive fuel system.

393 xe ghia stage 5 als raceglides c4,9" full spool 31spline moser axles. Will be looking at running high 9s low 10's

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Yeah i reckon the CAPA flash tune would be the go, i hope you're not looking for a cheap job tho!!

Go to the CAPA website

www.capa.com.au

And follow your nose, they should have a list of people who can do it for ya.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Isn't only $700, plus whatever for a custom tune? Thats not exactly expensive in my opinion.

The trick though, with any edit, is finding a tuner that really understands how the OEM computer works, and how to get the most out of it.

I am not sure who might be a good choice in Adelaide? Almost worth getting an "Australia Post" tune from Battens in Perth IMO...

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

^^^ Im with him

There are dozens of products that will allow the tune to be changed to suit mods. Some have more features than others which you pay for and others are good value for money. All are only as good as the guy that tunes them. I recommend finding who you trust to tune the engine first and go with whatever product he likes.

Having said that, I recommend staying away from interceptor type tuners (such as unichips). 'edit' type tuners such as the capa product, chiptorques and tweecers are arguably the better products to use.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Post subject: tuning
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

cheers guys. hey do u think u could send me some details on that dude who tunes them in perth i think ill give him a call. cheers

Post subject: Re: tuning
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

jagga wrote:
cheers guys. hey do u think u could send me some details on that dude who tunes them in perth i think ill give him a call. cheers

Site sponsor champ:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]