Fordmods Logo

Which one is which? Tweecer, Haltec, CAPA Flash .......... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Which one is which? Tweecer, Haltec, CAPA Flash ..........
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:00 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: No fords at the mo' :-(

NSW, Australia

Hi guys,

I am looking for a tuning tool for my ED V8.

I mainly want to access areas (read: Turn off) like the rev and speed limiter, EGR, WOT delay ... stuff like that .... may play with fuel a little bit but not too much, will probably leave the ignition the way it is ...

Which tool is best to suit my needs?

Cheers,

Chasing 162mph on the Salt! 4.2L. Both race cars now sold! :-( Maybe a small-block tractor puller! or a Lotus 7 Clubman is next! or a 351-stroker powered EB ... ?

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Tweecer for sure if your EEC is supported or you can get a supported one. Gives you great tunability and is fairly easy to tune yourself all for a good price. What is the catch code of your EEC? (located on the EEC itself or on the passenger shock tower under the air intake piping, will be something like 3DFA).

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:02 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hmmmm ...... I will have a look for the ECU details .. I suspect it is the same for the ED XR8 if that is supported by Tweecer ...... Is there others using Tweecer for what I want to do? Can I access these functions with Tweecer?

Cheers,

Chasing 162mph on the Salt! 4.2L. Both race cars now sold! :-( Maybe a small-block tractor puller! or a Lotus 7 Clubman is next! or a 351-stroker powered EB ... ?

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ED's use a few different EEC's, 3DFA is pretty common from what I have heard (I have this one) and has excellent support with Tweecer. All up there are probably a couple of hundred fuctions that you can actually change with the Tweecer ie. Timing, fuel, EGR, injector timing maps, idle speeds, rpm and speed limiters, injector and MAF functions etc etc. Generally on a naturally aspirated engine you will only change timing and fuel maps, MAF and injector maps if you change them from stock and maybe EGR if you really want to (although I do believe runnign EGR is a good idea). I use a few more fuctions because of the blower but most of the functions available with the tweecer do not need to be changed from the factory settings

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:18 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Sold then!

I had been looking at Tweecer, and a few others, but thought by the sounds of it the Tweecer had it all ....

Is there an Aussie distributor? or do I just mail-order it?

Cheers

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Pete from PIE is the Australian distributor, contact him on pie@icenet.com.au or http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie/. Obviously just make sure your EEC is supported before ordering because some EECs are not supported yet.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:31 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Aghh yes Pete, I have spoken with him before ...

Cheers

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

You can download the software from www.tweecer.com and if you PM me your email address I can send you through my stock EEC rip and you can have a look at what functions you can play with. Initially it is a bit daunting because there is just so much but as I said you only really need to, and should modify a few of the functions to get a good result.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]