Wolf V550 map for EF 6cyl / V550 plug-in kit review 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Wolf V550 map for EF 6cyl / V550 plug-in kit review
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF 5 speed

ACT, Australia

Hi,

Does anyone have a Wolf V550 tune they'd be willing to share? Need the ref/sync trigger settings to suit EF 6cyl with factory coil packs.

Thanks

Last edited by Tragilgas on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Wolf V550 map for EF 6cyl / V550 plug-in kit review
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF 5 speed

ACT, Australia

Well, ended up getting it all sorted, with the help of Robbie from Wolf. Here is a map with all settings correct for anyone else that might need it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8j3SsMhmwB1WVRaNW5vSVJxZms/view?usp=sharing

Gotta say I'm very happy with this ECU and the plug-in adaptor loom. I haven't found any limits to what can be done with it yet. It even runs the serial data driven temp gauge in the EF dash via its dashboard comms, as well as the factory AC setup working the same as with the EEC, making use of thermistor temp input and load/rpm/temp based AC disengagement etc. My car has no ISC and it idles fine when cold and with AC on thanks to AC timing/fueling trims. Running all the factory sensors, nothing needed to be modified apart from running a vacuum hose to the ECU's MAP sensor. It's awesome to be able to monitor intake air temps and log every single input/output and process the ECU is running. I'll be running an extra wire from one of the general purpose outputs to the reverse lockout solenoid on the T56 and setting it to switch based on vehicle speeds less than 5kms... no more smashing it into reverse with 2 hands :)

This is probably sounding a bit like an advertisement so far... there were some negatives: the igniter that came wired into the adaptor loom had a dead channel, so it was only firing 4 cylinders, the 2 crank angle sensor wires in the adaptor loom needed to be switched around, and the ECU came pre-loaded with an EL tune instead of EF. Robbie sent a replacement igniter as soon as I let him know mine was dodgy, it arrived the next day, and he also made himself available by phone at strange times like weeknights and weekends to get the other issues sorted. He used Team Viewer to remote into my lappy connected to the ECU and it was pretty quick to get sorted that way. The level of support couldn't have been any better.

The EF 6cyl made 250.4rwkw on United pump E85 at 10psi with an M112 blower. Engine is original with 280,000kms except for stronger valve springs, AU steel head gasket and Wade 1004 cam. 2.5" exhaust. It's happily running 28 degrees of timing at 5500rpm at 10psi, it loves E85 heaps. The hottest IATs I've seen was 48 degrees on a 33 degree day after a run of WOT pulls, the tune is set to pull 1.8 degrees of timing at that temp so still hammers along. The torque is awesome, it just pulls from anywhere in the rev range. So good to have this thing running so well after almost 3 years of problems.

Dyno printout

Car was tuned by Glen at ESP Racing in Queanbeyan near Canberra. He did an awesome job and was easy to talk to, not a gronk like a lot of tuners.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]