Fordmods Logo

XR ECU in GLi, OK to have larger fuel pump & regulator? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: XR ECU in GLi, OK to have larger fuel pump & regulator?
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

Hey guys,

I'm putting an EF Tickford ECU in my GLi this weekend.

As I heard there's no difference in the size of the injectors between XR and GLi, but fuel pressure regulator is larger (300kPa) on XR's ...do you think it wouldn't hurt to go a slightly larger pump than standard in the Walbro (say 160L/hr) with the larger 300kPa regulator in my GLi?

Also bearing in mind I will be getting an RPD Stage 2 cam next month.

Just wondered what you guys thought...

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I'm running an EF XR6 ECU have for yonks now since I fitted the Wade 1604 in my standard head.
When I fitted a Ticky head and 1636 cam I also fitted the Tickford spec fuel pressure regulator.
As for if you should do it - I don't see why not, Tickford seemed to think the higher pressure regular was worht the extra expense and the ECU is good if your gunna cam it.
As for the pump wouldn't bother unless your old pump is gone as the regularot will just send the extra flow pressure that it will produce through the return line!

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: The DEVEL XR6

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
I'm running an EF XR6 ECU have for yonks now since I fitted the Wade 1604 in my standard head.
When I fitted a Ticky head and 1636 cam I also fitted the Tickford spec fuel pressure regulator.
As for if you should do it - I don't see why not, Tickford seemed to think the higher pressure regular was worht the extra expense and the ECU is good if your gunna cam it.
As for the pump wouldn't bother unless your old pump is gone as the regularot will just send the extra flow pressure that it will produce through the return line!

Yeah, thanks mate ...that about sums it up!

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd, JMM DEV 5 enhanced (161 rwkw custom tuned), Eliminator Switch Chip, 18" BA GTP rims, Pedders Superlows, BA XR6 badges, BA Sunroof, Pioneer Stereo, Splits, 6x9's, 10" sub, 700W 6-ch Viper amp.
QUARTER MILE PB: currently 14.590 @ 96.00 mph ...BOOST AHEAD!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]