Fordmods Logo

XR6 fuel reg vs standard fuel reg. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

basic info on injectors here

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?c=1

Also interesting is it mentions AU injectors are very hard to recondition and they are usually replaced instead...... which makes me question the reco AU injectors on ebay going so cheap, and how "reconditioned" they really are :wink:

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

I find it HARD to believe that a 300kpa reg mags ANY difference on a stock motor UNLESS as mentioned the stock reg was f**k... falcons run rich! stock they are rich, also if you have blocks injectors this wont be the case, but on my motor....... Im running totally stock fuel system and i doubt that mine is lean below 4000 revs. Not sure about top end yet, still need to get it tuned.

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
I find it HARD to believe that a 300kpa reg mags ANY difference on a stock motor UNLESS as mentioned the stock reg was f**k... falcons run rich! stock they are rich, also if you have blocks injectors this wont be the case, but on my motor....... Im running totally stock fuel system and i doubt that mine is lean below 4000 revs. Not sure about top end yet, still need to get it tuned.

If my falcon ran a AFM, i wouldn't have resorted to this mod. If you modify a stock EFI engine(extractors, exhaust and intake) a AFM is a much better sensor too tell the ECU off the changes than a map sensor.

This is the intake that would cause pinging running a standard 270KPA fuel regulator after having the injectors cleaned etc, etc,,

Cheers

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hi guys, sorry to sound dumb, but whats a AFM? is it a air fuel meter??

sorry!

im still learning!!!

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Also thats a nice intake setup! where did you get the piping from????

thank you!

Laticia

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Sommers NL wrote:
Also thats a nice intake setup! where did you get the piping from????

thank you!

Laticia

just an exhaust shop, there intercooler bends. 1*180 bend, 1*45 degree bend and 1*straight .

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

just an update after 6wks and 5000km later. Fuel economy has improved dramatically.

Back down to 8.4l/100km on the highway compared to 10.3l/100km. This based on a frequent 300km drive with cruise set at 105km/hr. City driving has gone down from 14.5l/100km to 12.5l/100km. Using trip meter.

note: Climate Control A/C set to 20C, economy is about 0.5l/100km better if run with no a/c but is a bit hard with the ambient temp between 35-40C.

And power is up as well. probably the best mod I have done, considering the outlay.

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

Looking at your intake setup the pod filter isnt enclosed properly.Your engine can still be sucking in the hot air created by the engine.This will create pinging under heavy acceleration because there isnt enough cold air flow.

Do you have a air duct underneath the gaurd or behind the front bumper??(for the pod filter)

On my old NF 5L i had a pod filter setup and i a similar setup as your's and i had dramas with pinging on hotter days,so i made up a fully enclosed air box to accomodate the pod filter and i also cut a hole out in the gaurd and run a fairly big piece or aircon ducting behind the front bar and also the gaurd which is where you would get lots of cold air.This fixed my problem and also on colder days where the air is thicker (more dense) the performance was increased due to the cold air intake setup.

As many have mentioned before about not gaining with changing the fuel reg over.I would have to say you would achieve a gain but i dont think it will be very noticeable.

The only real way is to run your car on a dyno with the old reg and then switch to the 300kpa reg and compare the before and after results.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

KRUPTD wrote:
The only real way is to run your car on a dyno with the old reg and then switch to the 300kpa reg and compare the before and after results.

have a look at the stock fuel maps with stock reg on a dyno, its already rich as f**k.... even after headers & intake mods. :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2