Fordmods Logo

Yet another lpg quest. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Yet another lpg quest.
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:56 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 11 images

NSW, Australia

Got hold of au 6cyl gas system- Dual Fuel.

Was wondering whether one could tell me what sort of dramas I would have adapting the gas computer thing that comes with it
(fits to AU 6cyl ecu) to mine (5.0ltr ecu) or do I have to get a new one.

Dont know a great deal about lpg setups at all., only what you fellas have been posting lately. But got to start somewhere.

cheers

Post subject: Re: Yet another lpg quest.
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

mickoxhxr8 wrote:
Got hold of au 6cyl gas system- Dual Fuel.

Was wondering whether one could tell me what sort of dramas I would have adapting the gas computer thing that comes with it
(fits to AU 6cyl ecu) to mine (5.0ltr ecu) or do I have to get a new one.

Dont know a great deal about lpg setups at all., only what you fellas have been posting lately. But got to start somewhere.

cheers
go to your local lpg gas fitters or ring around and get quotes to fit it,tell them what you got and let them install the lot,they may channge or replace parts as needed.the system will go 10 years if new and possible replacement before this-wear and tear.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:48 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Fitting the system myself. Going to buy new universal type computer.

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mickoxhxr8 wrote:
only problem in nsw,the system has to be certified in writing with the licensed fitters details and a compliance plate is riveted to inner body,and checked at rego.they have to check the system every 12 months and re certify the tank every 10 years-which is a pressure vessel inspection due to high pressure,rust internally and change all the valves on the tank, if the plate is not on the car no rego!

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:12 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

[quote="hans hartman"][quote="mickoxhxr8"]Fitting the system myself. Going to buy new universal type computer.[/quote] only problem in nsw,the system has to be certified in writing with the licensed fitters details and a compliance plate is riveted to inner body,and checked at rego.they have to check the system every 12 months and re certify the tank every 10 years-which is a pressure vessel inspection due to high pressure,rust internally and change all the valves on the tank, if the plate is not on the car no rego![/quote]

LPG bloke here will certify on install providing all is to spec. I may get him to fit the plumbing then all is sweet.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mickoxhxr8 wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
mickoxhxr8 wrote:
only problem in nsw,the system has to be certified in writing with the licensed fitters details and a compliance plate is riveted to inner body,and checked at rego.they have to check the system every 12 months and re certify the tank every 10 years-which is a pressure vessel inspection due to high pressure,rust internally and change all the valves on the tank, if the plate is not on the car no rego!

LPG bloke here will certify on install providing all is to spec. I may get him to fit the plumbing then all is sweet.
the worst part is mounting the tank,brackets and the filler lines,talk to him and get all the details,other wise a big mess!!!

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:01 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

[quote="hans hartman"][quote="mickoxhxr8"][quote="hans hartman"][quote="mickoxhxr8"]Fitting the system myself. Going to buy new universal type computer.[/quote] only problem in nsw,the system has to be certified in writing with the licensed fitters details and a compliance plate is riveted to inner body,and checked at rego.they have to check the system every 12 months and re certify the tank every 10 years-which is a pressure vessel inspection due to high pressure,rust internally and change all the valves on the tank, if the plate is not on the car no rego![/quote]

LPG bloke here will certify on install providing all is to spec. I may get him to fit the plumbing then all is sweet.[/quote] the worst part is mounting the tank,brackets and the filler lines,talk to him and get all the details,other wise a big mess!!![/quote]

Cheers for the heads up I have a look into it, Im Sure there will be dramas though there always is :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]