Fordmods Logo

12.5:1 hi comp build 

Page 5 of 8 [ 109 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: 12.5:1 hi comp build
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i went from a std 12kg flywheel to a lightweight billet 8kg flywheel and honestly noticed no real difference in acceleration,1/4 mile or fuel consumption..

so if there is a difference i think its 2/10's of f**k all...lol..

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Ed Xr6

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i went from a std 12kg flywheel to a lightweight billet 8kg flywheel and honestly noticed no real difference in acceleration,1/4 mile or fuel consumption..

so if there is a difference i think its 2/10's of f**k all...lol..

Haha true well I spoke to clarko from clarkos performance and he seems to think it makes a he'll of a difference but couldn't tell me how it would behave on the street.

Poly green Ed xr6-new n/a motor on the way.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xh falcon ute

QLD, Australia

i got a lightweight billet flywheel with my npc clutch i cannot notice a difference either bro free revs a bee's d**k faster thats about it

XH falcon, GT3582, tuned length manifold, turbosmart 48mm gate, 3inch stainless exhaust, Ported head, Custom grind surecam, turbosmart fpr800, deatch werks 300lph fuel pump, siemens 60lb injectors. Turbo smart vee port BOV. microtech lt10.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:35 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

xhfalcon wrote:
i got a lightweight billet flywheel with my npc clutch i cannot notice a difference either bro free revs a bee's d**k faster thats about it

ive actually got the npc 10.5" lightweight flywheel aswell..

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

xhfalcon wrote:

True so for a street motor it's not worth removing 11-13 kgs off the rotating assembly? Sounds like heaps to me....but Im no pro that's for sure. Earlier in the thread someone wrote I should invest in scat rods for their weight and strength, there f**k all lighter then standard au rods, and I'm sure au rods can handle 200 or so kws. Maybe that's a waste of money aswell. I would have thought removing like 13 kgs all up would make a considerable amount of difference?? Like not just doing the flywheel, also the flywheel I'm looking at is alloy and claims to be 6.1kg.

I'm not worried about spending money on the crank and flywheel, or rods for that matter, otherwise were else should I spend 1500 dollars to extract more horsepower without forced induction??
Big learning curve for me thanks for any input

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

JayEdXr6 wrote:
xhfalcon wrote:

True so for a street motor it's not worth removing 11-13 kgs off the rotating assembly? Sounds like heaps to me....but Im no pro that's for sure. Earlier in the thread someone wrote I should invest in scat rods for their weight and strength, there f**k all lighter then standard au rods, and I'm sure au rods can handle 200 or so kws. Maybe that's a waste of money aswell. I would have thought removing like 13 kgs all up would make a considerable amount of difference?? Like not just doing the flywheel, also the flywheel I'm looking at is alloy and claims to be 6.1kg.

I'm not worried about spending money on the crank and flywheel, or rods for that matter, otherwise were else should I spend 1500 dollars to extract more horsepower without forced induction??

which intake manifold you running? i have heard of porting them to get more beans out of the motor?
the au rods on forced induction application will handle about 250+kw but they dont like it, troymans running 267kw on an unopened au motor

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I wanna run a entirely new plenum, such as snort performance etc. Haven't fully looked into that yet. Otherwise I'll have a bbm or a log extrude honed, nearly costs as much as buying all new plenum! But I might loose to much torque with the plenum???

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Here's what my new motors going into, finally figured out how to upload photos with my iphone

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats a bloody nice example of a ed xr6 man, the look of the boxcar xr is growing on me more and more :twisted:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cheers man I do my best to keep it tidy, I've owned it for 3 years now, here's a photo from about 6 months ago before the 19's

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

JayEdXr6 wrote:

I'd say because its balanced and rotates from the center, a few kg makes no difference for an engine that is capable of propelling your 2000KG worth of vehicle at a high speed.

This idea of course is different for pistons, rods, valves etc because these items are moving up and down at a great speed so the weight will have an effect on maximum rotation speed.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Makes sense but I still fail to see how taking that much off will do sweet f all but I really don't know.

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

need a camber kit on the front end mate lol,

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:47 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

bry40l wrote:
need a camber kit on the front end mate lol,

Haha yer that been done it's sitting on cut superlows all round in that photo, received the full sports Ryder setup Inc sway bars and camber kit since then

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

JayEdXr6 wrote:
Makes sense but I still fail to see how taking that much off will do sweet f all but I really don't know.

depends where the weight was taken from. weight taken from close to the center won't do much.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next