Fordmods Logo

1604 into futura 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 1604 into futura
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

First of all I have to thank everyone for providing an endless source of information. I've spent hours searching forums and the wade 1604 definately looks the goods. Most of the reviews of read though, are with xr6's, and I'm wanting to know how it will go with the futura. Will the standard ecu adjust to it? Do I need to upgrade anything like valves or springs to support it? Also does anybody have the latest prices for brand new and/or trade in with shims and vernier gear?

After reading through the different treads I've come to the following conclusions; please let me know if I've got anything wrong:

Good idle quality- no hunting or stalling

Increased low to mid range acceleration (in reference to xr6)- how about the average falcon?

Loss of top end (again in reference to xr6)

Little or no effect on fuel economy if driving style remains the same

Any clarification or extra info is appreciated.
I will be copying all this into an email to wade cams but I am more intested in their customers opinions.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:22 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Barry you have researched it all well.

I am guessing you have an e series which will go well with this cam.

The XR6 ecu and XR6 head would help but the mid range gains will be similar with futura and XR6.

The top end will be better than a stock Futura too.

If you have the time and money ($1000) the dev3hl cam, vernier and HD valve springs from Jim Mock would be worth considering too. I am happy with mine in my AU. The 1604 is a good much cheaper alternative though I haven't tried it myself.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks Jon. Yes it's an el and I have a set of pacemaker extractors ready to go on when the head gasket gets done. So far the mechanic, the guy doing the head work and the old man have done a pretty good job of talking me out of it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in my area who has tried anything like this and there is no dyno for hours so I can't compare before and after results.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]