Fordmods Logo

180KPH MAX 

Page 5 of 6 [ 78 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Learner
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

dwy01 wrote:
Actualy ill say om not 18. Not a mechanic. 17, 1st year. I dont wanna do 180 @ this present time. More work on engine, the question i 1st asked was meant for l8a on down the track. What is all you ppl problems. (EXCEPT SLICK). You dont believe about the xw. the car was sold and the engine was put in some lil ethnic fellas xr gt whom obtaining the engine wrapped him self around a power pole. the car wasw found with the speedo jammed on 120mph. How do you think that makes me and my old man feel. I dont want to end up like that OK. So for everyone having a sook and a winge get over it. Im responsible and no my linitations so i dont need to be told by all you wining ppl. The stang is what he has now too.

You should bring your wheels down here & test it on my private race track. its 4km long & no do gooders about. open plain so theres no excuse for head-on's! lol

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

go buy an eb, mine would do about 230, thats the needle past vertical it was totally stock with 370k on the clock. it has now been rebuilt 40thou over head recond and only stock and an ef cam, calculations put it about 220hp. it now also has been converted to manual and using a gear speed calc will have a top speed of 260 at 5000rpm, if it could get there. BTW its a wagon

2005 Focus, 17' alloys, slotted rotors allround, second airbox removed. Like to surprise V6 owners

Post subject: Re: Learner
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

dwy01 wrote:
Actualy ill say om not 18. Not a mechanic. 17, 1st year. I dont wanna do 180 @ this present time. More work on engine, the question i 1st asked was meant for l8a on down the track. What is all you ppl problems. (EXCEPT SLICK). You dont believe about the xw. the car was sold and the engine was put in some lil ethnic fellas xr gt whom obtaining the engine wrapped him self around a power pole. the car wasw found with the speedo jammed on 120mph. How do you think that makes me and my old man feel. I dont want to end up like that OK. So for everyone having a sook and a winge get over it. Im responsible and no my linitations so i dont need to be told by all you wining ppl. The stang is what he has now too.

mate if you don't have a decent suspension setup a big powerful donk don't mean s**t...... a freind of mine had a sr20 silvia quick as f**k but he couldn't maintain because it had cut "lebo job" springs all round and all that s**t the suspension was f**k he couldn't get a good take off etc etc and i am talking illegal street racing s**t........

a decent suspension and drive line (ie diff and tailshaft) really who gives a f**k about ya old mans xw.. the topic was first said "how to remove the 180km limitor off" the thing is we told you

Falcon96kickass wrote:
yep either get a Aftermarket ECU or Get A Speed Limiter Remover from 66coupe hes on this forum

why would you want to go faster then 180

and mate read slicks first comments he was taking the pisss. if this was a joke it was rather retarded as it had made 4 pages of s**t... END another thing WHY f**k POST this if you
Quote:
I dont wanna do 180 @ this present time.
post the f**k later....

you know your limitaions mate "nigga please" are you one of these blokes that are driving for 12 months give or take on ya red p plates and think ya d**k johnson or peter brock (RIP).... i see little f**k like you drivin around like you everything you know f**k nothing but you think you know f**k all

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:37 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I fyou wanna put your car on any circuit, first things you need to do are make the bloody car stop and handle..

That means either upgrading your brakes or a very serious overhaul of the brake system

I do race my car, I have Dot 5 fluid, Top quality pagid pads, braded lines, Solid ventilated pads ( slotted are a wank and only a cosmetic effect when it comes to the track. Seen em crack more than any other rotor.) I have rebuilt the bulk of the system of had it overhauled. including booster and master cylinder. You should pull the relay for the ABS system as well. the E series ABS is pretty bad, its better to pinch a wheel than have the ABS kick in at 200ish. unsettles the car too much,

suspension wise, Even if you don't think it needs it...
A good quality progressive wound spring, lovells do a good one, stay away from kings for track use, static springs do no unload to well. Shocks.... well you get what you pay for. avoid anything from monroe, no matter how good your mates say they are or how good a price you can get for them, that includes the entry level stuff from Pedders, its only monroe rebadged.

Sway bars, look at whiteline.. I personally run adjustable bars, but they have not been adjusted since the install. I fiddled a bit, but overall was happy with a bit of stiffening not excessive, otherwise you will feel chassis twist.

Tyres.. dunno what you have now, but overinflated RE92's are far from suitable.
If yoa are even half way serious about track work then get yourself a second set of mags with some SOFT track rubber, something like toyo proxies RA04's but, get them buffed to ½ block height, I have run a season on mine. probably have a few meets left or a training day or 2 in them, I have the proxies, I have them on a set of 16's but a very low profile to minimise side wall flex.

All the bushes in the car, everytihng to do with suspension, everything to do with your engine mounts, gear box mounts.... everything if it has a bush... replace it. remember, next year your car is 10 years old.. honestly even if it was 5 years old.. I would still tell you to do it.

At 17, I would be making you do some advance driving courses, I would also suggest aquiring a NC cams license..

seriously to get the track time up to qualify for a NC licence you need 2 years competition behind you, marshalling experienceand a whole host of other s**t, at least by that point you will understand a bit more..

BTW 175mph.. there is a decent BS% involved there. and I know warnambool enough to know that if you have cracked 180km/h it sure as s**t was not on any race track round there, cause you be lucky to do 100 on the dust bowl...

when it comes time to mod the engine for more performance... cross that bridge when you come to it. no offence, butthink about what sort of reception you will get in future when you post a far out story or 175mph you will get, true or not.

To the best of my knowledge, here are 3 tracks in australia that you could crack 180km/h on, those being bathurst (obviously. but I doubt you wil ever race there. join bathurst lightcar club if youaspire to) Eastern creek, main straight into turn 1, entry in a pretty well sorted I6 EL XR6 is 215km/h measured with a speed gun, not my speedo, and possibly mallala across the back hook straight.

Side note. Chris, Oran park GP circuit, you can crack 200 in the I6.. your not trying hard enough.. possibly a bit of wheel spin coming out of turn 12.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:46 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

^ wise words.

Except the bit on slotted rotors. Why does every high performance manufacturer produce slotted discs, and the likes of F1 and V8SC use them too?

Crossdrilled are possibly the ones you're thinking off, they've been known to crack, except Brembo's, they are cast holes which are then machined out, not drilled holes. So the structure of the metal isn't comprimised by the drilling. The front set on my GT-P have copped a load of punishment, and no sign of cracking.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 192 rwkw

SA, Australia

let him go i reckon, 180kmh is a terminal speed for a 12 sec pass no worries, if it cant get to that speed in 400m wats the f**k point? go build a 12 sec Eseries then worry bout the speed limiter

should keep him busy for a while

and yeah try an emergancy stop from 180

confidence inspiring...... not

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:31 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

3.9from hell wrote:
let him go i reckon, 180kmh is a terminal speed for a 12 sec pass no worries, if it cant get to that speed in 400m wats the f**k point? go build a 12 sec Eseries then worry bout the speed limiter

should keep him busy for a while

i agree 100%
to me its about the acceleration pulling you back in the seat not so much the top speed..

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:39 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

data_mine wrote:
^ wise words.

Except the bit on slotted rotors. Why does every high performance manufacturer produce slotted discs, and the likes of F1 and V8SC use them too?

F1 use carbon brake systems, they are a solid carbon rotor. V* super taxi's do use slotted rotors but they are a throw away item after each event as they are so crazed on thace from heat distorsion, running slotted rotors on a car to do supersprints is a bit crazy, the amount of heating and cooling during and after each run it too intense for them. I have had this issue myself with slotted rotors, I only run solids not as they too are a throw away item, they are a bit cheaper. plus I noticed no brake performance gains personally on the falcons. You are correct with the brembo stuff, but most of the gear the guys buy for their car are either DBA or RDA, both of these rotors are initally solids (ventilated or not) that then have either the slots machined into the face or are drilled.

Where the brembo stuff has the advantage and what makes them so good is they are heat treated or cured, the DBA and RDA stuff does not get heat treated not is it an option. the time it gets heat treated is when it is on the car. thats when crazing starts as well. I personally, stay away from slot and drilled, more so slots, as they essentially have an engineered weak point in them.

The stuff used on the Super Taxis is VASTLY different to what ends up or is even avaliable for a road car. Inless you have a floating hub setup. With centrelocks being illegal unless fitted or optioned from factory, ie, MG-B's and Morgans, stuff like that, it is illegal to have centre locks and that also makes access to harrop race setups ( I think its harrop they are using or is it alcon.. either way) far from accesable for applications on the road, IIRC most of the gear is not ADR approved either, just another hurdle.

We run a harrop setup on the XJS, off a perkins VS supercar, the car weight is 1300kg dry or 1380 wet. Running 365mm rotors on 2 piece hats
and even these craze, its just the nature of it all, as soon as you put a car on the circuit, everything life span seems to halve at least..
Cheers

I have a car.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

tonight when driving home i saw a VT on its roof.

i saw 2 fire trucks heading towards that area about 1030 going that way, then on my way home at 130 i saw a VT on its roof on a straight stretch of road. chances are they didnt move the car yet because the coroner had to do his s**t before they towed the car.

the only thing i can think of is the guy was speeding ALOT and hit the embankment (not that steep)and flipped over. considering its about a 30 degree embankment he must have been rocketting along.

just gives you that little reality check and makes you think twice about doing stupid s**t like driving over 180kmh.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

3.9from hell wrote:

Oh yeah, especially if the road has undulations in it, and no ABS to sort it out. Skid marks in the jocks region comes to mind............lol

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

I only ever run no ABS on the track.. it has saved my a** to many times on the road.

you could hit a 30 degree embankment at about 60 with right angle and flip a car.. but would probably need to put another 100 on that to wipe yourself out properly..

have seen a car roof skid on the hay plains a few years ago on the way to adelaide.. goose when nailing past me, I was sitting at 120ish, I estimate him to have been doing 170 something, when he overtook the car in front of me he dropped a wheel into the dirt on the side of the road, back end kicked out on him, wheel dug in, next thing the lottle pulsar was upside down sliding along the highway.. looked awesome, It flipped, not a full flip only ½ way and perfect landing on the roof, all the windows popped at the same time and all the luggage and s**t in the car was layed out on the road.. the dude was ok, just had heaps of glass in his head face arms and stuff.

I have a car.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
I only ever run no ABS on the track.. it has saved my a** to many times on the road.

you could hit a 30 degree embankment at about 60 with right angle and flip a car.. but would probably need to put another 100 on that to wipe yourself out properly..

have seen a car roof skid on the hay plains a few years ago on the way to adelaide.. goose when nailing past me, I was sitting at 120ish, I estimate him to have been doing 170 something, when he overtook the car in front of me he dropped a wheel into the dirt on the side of the road, back end kicked out on him, wheel dug in, next thing the lottle pulsar was upside down sliding along the highway.. looked awesome, It flipped, not a full flip only ½ way and perfect landing on the roof, all the windows popped at the same time and all the luggage and s**t in the car was layed out on the road.. the dude was ok, just had heaps of glass in his head face arms and stuff.

did you stop and help him with a reality slap to the face? what if he hit you.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

ABS is good.. little sisters vr abs is playing up and f**k it is scary just driving around the town and down the shops.......

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh abs is good for people who dont know the correct way to brake heavily when in a sticky situation/high speed cornering.

ive seen so many people lock up and skate through red lights where they would have stopped if they had abs.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

It doesnt matter if you know how to brake properly or not, on the road conditions can change within a split second.
On a track you know what the conditions are, so you dont need abs.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next