1995 EF Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 1995 EF Falcon
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 Ford EF Falcon Futura

QLD, Australia

Hi, i have a 1995 Ford EF Falcon Futura (Automatic) and i am having a few problems with the electrical side of it, PLEASE HELP ME.

Just recently i went to a car shop to get new park lights installed and when we tested the park lamps it blew my park lamp fuse, that was almost a month ago and now i have the old park lamps back in and it has been blowing the fuse ever since. i put a 15 or a 20 amp fuse in and as soon as i turn to park lights, (POP) there goes the fuse. if anyone knows where the best place to look for a "short" first please let me know......

Secondly, while driving around the speedometer sometimes stops showing my current speed and sits on 0, at this point the car start dropping down gears and taking of or when stopped it takes of in the highest gear and drops back to first when it feels like it. at first this only happened in the rain but now it happens whenever it wants. it mainly happens when you put your foot down to over take another vehicle, it will drop down a gear like normal then put you back in your seat but then the speedo cuts out and car does what it feels like.

Please help, I Love my car and dont want to get rid of it, its my first car i want some use out of it..... Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: 1995 EF Falcon
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Shortyb039 wrote:
Hi, i have a 1995 Ford EF Falcon Futura (Automatic) and i am having a few problems with the electrical side of it, PLEASE HELP ME.

Just recently i went to a car shop to get new park lights installed and when we tested the park lamps it blew my park lamp fuse, that was almost a month ago and now i have the old park lamps back in and it has been blowing the fuse ever since. i put a 15 or a 20 amp fuse in and as soon as i turn to park lights, (POP) there goes the fuse. if anyone knows where the best place to look for a "short" first please let me know......

Secondly, while driving around the speedometer sometimes stops showing my current speed and sits on 0, at this point the car start dropping down gears and taking of or when stopped it takes of in the highest gear and drops back to first when it feels like it. at first this only happened in the rain but now it happens whenever it wants. it mainly happens when you put your foot down to over take another vehicle, it will drop down a gear like normal then put you back in your seat but then the speedo cuts out and car does what it feels like.

Please help, I Love my car and dont want to get rid of it, its my first car i want some use out of it..... Thanks in advance

1st Problem- I would be looking at the bulb holders for a short or a crushed wire shorting to ground. Just trace back what wiring you touched when installing the parking bulbs.

2nd Problem-- Most likely your speedo sender on the side of the gearbox is stuffed. Get some contact cleaner/CRC/WD40 and spray out all the plugs on the passenger side of the auto box. They do get alot of road grime etc around them making poor electrical contacts.

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thank you for the information. I'm new to the car world so if you could explain briefly how I will get to the passenger side of the gear box where the fault might be, that would be extremely helpful

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

you need to jack the car up and lay underneath it
use some jack stands to be safe
DONOT lay under a car with just the jack holding it up specailly those gay a** scissors jacks that come with the car they are a death trap

get some (a lot of wd40) and spray and scrub the trans clean then take 1 off and spray a little in the plug and terminal and put it back
then repaet with the next hopefully this will help

sorry dont have to much info on the btr trans some of the other guys here will be able to give you a fair bit more info
and check list youll just have to be patient for one to post a sugestion

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

like i said, you have been a legend haha. ill have a look today, not sure who i can get stands from but i have a 2 tone industrial jack, do you think this might be ok to use?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

+1 to Jonathan: DO NOT GET UNDER THE CAR SUPPORTED BY ONLY A JACK - 2 tonne or otherwise.

If you are going to be doing any of your own maintenance, invest in a pair of jack stands - the basic 1 tonne stand is more than enough. They'll set you back about $60 at Supercheap, but you can probably get them cheaper off ebay. They will last forever, and will save your life.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

thanks bud i deffinetly will then cus im always changing my tires and s**t so probably will be better off with a set aye

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]