Just got rid of the "tape deck" (LOL) for a brand new head unit
15" mags - cant afford anything bigger.
400 dollars worth of tint... damn.
and just replaced my swing arm bushes.

right now im after
Extractors
2.5" exaust kit
and clear tail lights

is there anywhere in brisbane that sells these parts and how would i go about putting them in myself

Attachments:
08052010(003).jpg
08052010(003).jpg [ 199.02 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

Post subject: Re: 1998 AU
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

little point, get rid of the "waterfall" design from the front and at least get the series 1 futura

BANNED USER

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

Best off buying new extractors and exhaust, because theres hardley any bargains that pop up. Extractors, expect nearly $400 new with a gasket and bolts, cat back exhaust, expect about $300. Cat converter (if you want to do that aswell which you should) around $250. Installation.
When you install the extractors, to get it to bolt up to the standard cat and exhaust requires a fair bit of tweaking, you need a welder and some fulli sic skillz. Catback exhaust install is easy, well, not that easy but you dont have to cut and weld anything (from memory). Honestly though, firstly Id hit the car with some polish, get some better mags and for the love of god a different grille, then do the power gain stuff.
To tie you over in the meanwhile for power and all that, cut a hole in the front of your airbox, people get a bit of a gain from that and its free.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon

QLD, Australia

Ok, im considering using an airpod, i should get more out of that, im willing to throw cash at it but id like everyones opinion and quotes on prices, i have spoken to a few mechanics and they have all told me 400 for the extractors and 600 for the system, i dont want to over do the exaust but what " will i start losing power

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Definitely needs lowering and some different mags... if you drop it, they look 'tuff' on stockos with caps.
If you cant find another grill... just spray it black (assuming the cars black?).. and yeh it needs a good scrub by the looks of things too.

Onto the more ooooomph side of things, I disagree with not getting second hand stuff. You can pick up extractors for ~$150 and catbacks for ~100.. so for say $400 you can have a full exhaust with the cat already mod'd.. so you save yourself money on the gear, as well as it being all ready to just bolt in. Look on here, boostedfalcon and even AFF for parts, they pop up pretty consistently.

Dont get altezza's, tint your lights if you have to do something, should work very well considering your cars dark.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

r.s.h wrote:
Ok, im considering using an airpod, i should get more out of that, im willing to throw cash at it but id like everyones opinion and quotes on prices, i have spoken to a few mechanics and they have all told me 400 for the extractors and 600 for the system, i dont want to over do the exaust but what " will i start losing power

Dude, don't touch them if they are saying $600 for a catback. Go to an actual exhaust shop.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

VIC, Australia

I personally dont buy that whole "gas flow slows down after X diameter" but 3 inch on a non turbo car would be overkill, most of us run a single 2.5inch in the I6. Pods are the way to go, I put one on my XR6 a few weeks ago and I was usually the first to bag them out but f**k me it made a difference coupled with the 3inch stainless pipe to the first right angle (all the trstriction is in the bend going into the airbox). You can simply get a 1m straight of stainless steel (dont use mild steel) for like $40 or so, and take the intake off at the first right angle, cut your 1m to length (from memory its about 75cm) and whack a pod on the end. XR's get a crap load more flow behind the headlights though and tassie is cold as so that could be why I got such a gain out of it. Extractor quote sounds about right, post up what model they are before buying them though. (most people run pacemaker 4499's or 4480's. 4499=normal extractors, good gain all around, 4480=comp extractors, more gain in the top end, but you cant use the factory heat shield over these). So $400 for a set of normal pacies is pretty on the money, 4480's run about $100 more. $600 for the cat back system is expensive, unless that includes a new cat, which would be reasonable if it did.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Those are the mags.

Attachments:
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG [ 64.23 KiB | Viewed 128 times ]

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
4480=comp extractors, more gain in the top end, but you cant use the factory heat shield over these).

Skipped the rest, just want to clarify that yes you can in fact use the factory heatshield, you just need to bend it a bit.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

thanks alot for the feedback, il sort something out and keep yas posted on the parts list.
if you do know anyone in bris where i could get bits n pieces from for the "continuous" project keep me noted.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
4480=comp extractors, more gain in the top end, but you cant use the factory heat shield over these).

Skipped the rest, just want to clarify that yes you can in fact use the factory heatshield, you just need to bend it a bit.

Damn. That was the main reason I went for 4499's. Oh well.

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Difference isnt that much, I went from 4499 copys to 4480s. On a stockish motor I doubt you'd notice any difference other than exh. note.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

You didn't say what width the mags are.....if 7".....put on some 235/60R15 rubber.
For a better looking grille, you could go the Ute one.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: xh falcon ute

QLD, Australia

hey if i can recomend one thing it would be an AU1645 cam from wade i just put mine in my hybrid engined ute and it is awesome solid power gain from 2800 rpm on wards even un-tuned, sounds amazing best money i have spent on my car so far of course you need to sort the exhaust out first but just my advice.

XH falcon, GT3582, tuned length manifold, turbosmart 48mm gate, 3inch stainless exhaust, Ported head, Custom grind surecam, turbosmart fpr800, deatch werks 300lph fuel pump, siemens 60lb injectors. Turbo smart vee port BOV. microtech lt10.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

i payed 280 for my exhuast system, 1 muffler custom cat back, no resi, and i payed 300 for second hand extractors from Browns plains wreckers,

Heres a vid of it, with old engine,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCq831Pcd9g

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next