Fordmods Logo

2 Totally Unrelated Issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 2 Totally Unrelated Issues
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

Issue #1. After having a sub and amp installed by a "professional" something went wrong and whenever my accessories are on or power running my headlights turn on when they are in the off position (all interior/dash lights remain off), and all other light settings work fine. I'm defiantly going to take it back to him and make sure he fixes it but I wanted to know if anyone of you guys know what the issue is so I can make sure that he knows what his doing and does the correct job this time.

Issue #2. When turning the wheel (just before full lock) and going very slow I feel my steering wheel shudder and can also hear it from my front wheels. This only happens when going very slow ie. turning into a car spot. Also, this doesn't occur every single time but it is quite frequent and worrying.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 2 Totally Unrelated Issues
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

issue #1
id go somewhere else, i wouldnt trust him again

issue #2
power steering seems to do that at low speed, if its an issue then ill be happy to know too but i think its normal

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

#1 - Sounds like hes been behind the ICC and maybe pulled the wires from the BEM to get to it. If all 4 plugs arent 100% in, depending what is loose can cause some interesting faults. Might be a place to start.

#2 - Is some air in the P/S system. If you move the wheels while the car is off, it will induce this, but after a few min drive it should go away. The fix for BA's was a replacement high pressure hose to increase the pressure at low pump RPM. Was definitely fixed by BF2. So might be a dud high pressure hose (or someones replaced it with the wrong one) or a dying pump.

Also be sure your alignement is right. If its badly out, it can make the wheels drag and put extra pressure on the rack/pump.

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

Alright thanks. I'll go back to the same guy because I get a 5 month warranty, I'll just tell him it's probably related to loose plugs in the BEM if he can't fix it and see what happens from there.
And yeah mines a BFII so I'd assume it probably would be a faulty hose or the wheel alignment because when I bought the car the rims had been rashed quite a bit, due for a service anyway so I'll make sure that's all fixed up.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]