2005 BA Mk2 XR6 Mods fitted 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 Mods fitted
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

Well- spent the day with the boys at BPT Motorsport in Wangara. Terry really looked after me.
Fitted a 20% underdrive kit and a lower opening temp thermostat.
Then put it on the dyno - with the mixer ring in, best it could do was 155.
So then we took it out to see how much of a blockage it was causing.....and managed

175.2 rwkw !!!!!

I am very happy !!!!

That translates to 235 KW at the fly by my calcs - not far off the 240T

The mixer ring is back in - and even with it in the car has so much urge now !
Responsiveness and acceleration is fantastic
I am now looking forward to the change to injected LPG so I can lose the ring... :)

If you are in Perth I can without hesitation recommend BPT Motorsport.

Thanks Guys !

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

so how much improvement did the underdrives make, did you test before and after?

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

No - but the combination of underdrives/powerstat/tune increased my drive in drive out power from 157rwkw to 175rwkw

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

bloody nice figures there!

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

the lpg wont do any damage to the engine if anything it is better for the engine then petrol. just thought id throw that in. in the mean time you can get a better mixxer from some one like gas research, dunno if they do them for the BA's but it will dramatically decrease the restriction and will also be much better on gas without the addition of the gas injection

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Yep - aware of that - but I want to remove the mixer entirely by going injected.
Justa matter of time

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Well - I still haven't changed the gas system

But for the same effect - I have unplugged the gas system and swapped over the plastic from the intake to the throttle body - so now I have no gas - but I have unrestricted flow (ie no mixer ring stealing half of it)

Car is great - it's a 20% increase over what it was !

I'll priobably put the old bits back on this weekend so I can go back to cheaper gas running (BP Ultimate aint cheap!) - but it has been fun ! And it is a good encouragement to get the new LPG system

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

if you dont mind telling us, how many $$ have been spent on the tunes?

This is something i will be doing once the cash rolls in, wouldnt mind having an idea on the figures.

Cheers.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

Might be cheaper for you in Melbourne but here in perth if you get a flash box with tune its around the $1400 mark. If you go straight custom tune to the ecu its $900 this is what I did, figured I wouldnt want to run stock settings ever whats the point? Plus ive noticed that that fuel lasts a bit longer since the custom tune thats if im not hammering it lol.

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ba XR6 mk2 n/a

NSW, Australia

Hey the magnetic drift oil filter!
Is it just good for the oil or does it increase power??

BANNED USER

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

you dont really need a magnetic oil filter but I do it as more of a precaution of cleaning the oil of any filaments. The oil I buy is top grade stuff any how you've might have heard of it "royal purple". $100 for 5 liters. But hey I figured if I give it the best it will give me the best! I guess thats why it has never gave me any problems what so ever as it has 182,000 K's on it and still running like its new, well actually better than when it was new now, bought it second hand bone stock and was running your basic fluids. I believe you look after your car it will look after you, yea it may sound expensive but usually when something breaks down it will cost a lot more and wont last nearly as long. I guess I think of my car as a human body you feed it crap its going to perform like crap!

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

NSW, Australia

Mr. Xpressionz wrote:
you dont really need a magnetic oil filter but I do it as more of a precaution of cleaning the oil of any filaments. The oil I buy is top grade stuff any how you've might have heard of it "royal purple". $100 for 5 liters. But hey I figured if I give it the best it will give me the best! I guess thats why it has never gave me any problems what so ever as it has 182,000 K's on it and still running like its new, well actually better than when it was new now, bought it second hand bone stock and was running your basic fluids. I believe you look after your car it will look after you, yea it may sound expensive but usually when something breaks down it will cost a lot more and wont last nearly as long. I guess I think of my car as a human body you feed it crap its going to perform like crap!

I only just got onto the royal purple stuff, 5L for $90, i tried it out as i have this ticking noise but it didnt fix it :( i will prolly stick with the stuff anyways, got some pretty big claims about extra horsepower and stuff but as you said use the best and hopefully it wil perform the best

cheers
phil

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3