2005 BA XR6 Ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: 2005 BA XR6 Ute
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2005 BA MkII Ute

NSW, Australia

Hello guys!

First post here, so sorry if i dont make complete sence.

Im a L plate, who is soon getting their P's, Dads kinda enough to buy me a car (I know im lucky). Its a BA Ute from the NSW and Vic boarder (Long drive tomorrow) but its only got 63,000km's

Anyway, Its stock standard and im planning to mod it up abit. Ive been looking around and figured my first basic mods would be a Cat back exhaust and some rims so i can look shmik :lol:

So I was looking at 19" BF MKII Typhoon rims, theirs a few sets on ebay, I was reading about off sets ect. Could anyone explain more about that, and if it would affect the Ute? I plan to be towing with it, rather large things later on like a 6m fiberglass boat and horses (Yes, im a horse trainer).

Now, with those rims, how would i go lowering it and does anyone have any recommendations. Our road are crap so i dont want to lower it much just abit.

With the cat back, whats the best options? Ill proberly get a header set later (a new Cat converter needed? Whats the best bang for the buck in that area?)

Anything else i should add to the list? Please throw it in :)

Also to folks in NSW, is it legal for a P-Plater to have a Cold air intake (Due to pod filter ect)

Please keep in mind, I understand somethings of cars but im no way near a mechanic :)

Thanks in Advance!

Post subject: Re: 2005 BA XR6 Ute
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 94 NC II FAIRLANE

NSW, Australia

xr6 ute should be low enough and if your gonna tow a float i would get those load helper things. i lowered my fathers au ute with 1 inch lowering blocks helped handling a bucket load. but when he carries a decent load you can tell its not happy.

most exhaust companys make replacements to fit the stock hangers easy as to do. but if your gettin extractors at the same time will need to go to a workshop.

any wheels that fit an au thru fg will fit on yours so if your buying typhoon wheels you will be fine.

dont put a pod filter on it get an xr6 turbo snorkel from wreckers and a good panel filter and you will be fine. and get a trans cooler if your towing all the time not sure if its as important with the zf box compared to btr someone more knowledgeable than me could let you know.

If life was easy we would all be living

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the reply.
Im quite happy with its hight and wheels that are on it now, I may just put on a cat back, the thing has plenty of power as it is. Anyone know how touch the clutch is supposed to be? Mine seems only to release and engage the last inch?

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:04 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yeah they do have some guts not too hard to give em a lot more though. disregard my comment about trans cooler didnt realise was a manual. dont know bout clutch as have never driven the new 6 speed box do you mean bottom inch or top inch.

happy driving

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Its a 5 speed Manual
Its the top inch, so just after you engage the pedal and right at the end when you release it.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:17 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

sorry mate thought it was the six speed, and yeah i would get it checked out but like i said im no expert. still dont sound right to me just drop in to a trans place they would tell you straight away whether its rooted.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA XR6 mk2

SA, Australia

you don't have to have a pod filter to have a CAI. A cheap option would be: XR6t upper snorkel, F6 lower, and a K&N panel filter. Couple that with a full exhaust (extractors, hi flow cat ect.) and a tune you'll get a fair bit more power out of it without having to spend a fortune.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

getting air in and out of a motor effectively is very important. dont forget it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]