Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

So much anger in here.
Good luck getting an EF to beat a supra, even the auto supra's have better gearing than a falcon. It can be done but wont be cheap, and as for 208fwkw being enough, i doubt that. Enjoy what you have and get out there and race your mates supraat a track, then you will know where to go from there.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

FLASH wrote:
You need to learn mathematics. By you reckoning bassed on a 25 % loss a 240 fwkw bf will be putting out
240 / 100 x 25 = 60
240 - 60 = 180 rwkw.

my calculations bassed on a 15% drivetrain loss is
240 / 100 x 15 = 36
240 - 36 = 204 rwkw.

Which sounds closer to the mark, mine or yours :)

not yours thats for sure. stock 240kw turbo's pull 180-190 rwkw. a stock turbo to get 204 would need to be manual and on a happy dyno.

books will tell us one thing but the real world often tells another.

this is truth gained from experience, not doubting your abilities flash, but the evidence doesnt lie.

we dont need to get up each other, lets keep it civil. attacking each other personally gets us nowhere fast.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

a el falcon wont beat a 118kw celica let alone a supra.
i have owned both in many forms.
but in the real world its about power to weight,driveline and most importantly driver

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

mystro wrote:
but in the real world its about power to weight,driveline and most importantly driver

Id be worried if i wasn't beating a Celica they do 0-100 in about 8.5-9.0 seconds (by the books that is)

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
mystro wrote:

Id be worried if i wasn't beating a Celica they do 0-100 in about 8.5-9.0 seconds (by the books that is)

au xr6 the good one .
zorst ,extractors,cai 5speed vs
3s-ge celica twin zorst extractors,cai,clutch,remapped/upgraded ignition ,weight reduced 5speed
celcia won over quater by not much
xr won over half
over distance xr stoped moving around the 190 mark celica stoped moving at around 215 but i had it close to 220 before .
but it was pretty hectic.
on the track i would but my cash on the toyota ,
on the strip it would depend what diff the ford had to which way i would go ..
pointless ramblings i know

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

well it looks like that celica has a s**t load more done to it so im not surprised, what the hell were you going that fast for

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

mystro wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
mystro wrote:

au xr6 the good one .
zorst ,extractors,cai 5speed vs
3s-ge celica twin zorst extractors,cai,clutch,remapped/upgraded ignition ,weight reduced 5speed
celcia won over quater by not much
xr won over half
over distance xr stoped moving around the 190 mark celica stoped moving at around 215 but i had it close to 220 before .
but it was pretty hectic.
on the track i would but my cash on the toyota ,
on the strip it would depend what diff the ford had to which way i would go ..
pointless ramblings i know

yeah, considering they are completely different with different levels of modification :?

i think if you're gonna spell exhaust "zorst" maybe hectic should be "hektik" too, just for consistency :lol:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

wow brew that celic ez full sek....That celica aint stock, That AU Xr6 is a f**k lemon. :lol:

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

this thread should die.

please just let it die.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Gezza, i think downingj was referring to how much street racing youve done to use for comparisions as opposed to the fact you havnt taken your car down the 1/4 to see what times it pulls...

GeZza200 wrote:
Iv never been beten off the line by any holden 6 and they have never been able to keep up after we have takin off either

GeZza200 wrote:
We had a few goes at the lights and when hes doing 140ks plus i think he is trying to race. I backed off and he would fly past me.

GeZza200 wrote:
How does that work i'v beatin every BA 6 that iv come up against and mine has a 3.08diff

GeZza200 wrote:
VX Clupsport should go pretty hard but they still dont take off quick, i have beatin every VT SS i have raced and they havn't been able to catch

GeZza200 wrote:
Your V8 must of been rooted becuause i have raced 3 supercharged VT's (2 calais's and an S). All 3 times neck an neck untill about 90 then i started to pull away, except for the S which we were neck an neck untill 110k then i started to pull away.

GeZza200 wrote:
yeah i would believe it, some 4's hammer off the line but i will always real them in pretty quick

GeZza200 wrote:
I reckon james XR wouldn't have a problem beating an R33 GTS-T, i raced one a few weeks ago, beat him off the line and to 100km and he would slowly pass me at 130km, also raced 3 times

GeZza200 wrote:
Hi my mate just got a EF falcon futura 4.0L auto, hes a mechanic and he just put the EF XR6 head on it and serviced the car so its running nice. We had a quick squirt last night and his car couldn't keep up with mine at all. We both booted it from 50ks and stop at around 120k

GeZza200 wrote:
I had a run in with a VS ute with 185kw on the back and beat that by about a car length to 130k's then backed off and i was slowly pulling away aswell.

GeZza200 wrote:
dont no how u lost, iv givin heaps of xr's a hiding and quite a few xr8's

GeZza200 wrote:
I know this thread is old but, did you end up racing him?? Because i just had a run in with a VX XU6 tonight and beat it. I was about 2 car lenghts in front at 120 then i backed off. He wound down his window at the next lights, should of seen his face when he looked at me lol.

GeZza200 wrote:
stock ED's must be slow as s**t then, i can wip VL turbos quite easy in mine and even if they are boosted high, they have to catch me, and by that time i have already backed off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Great compilation Mr Mont. Oh how i LOL'd.

This sounds like quite the EL, not.

BTW, i know this was a few pages ago, but thats some funny s**t. I hope mine can beat everything when i do my head mods.

Hahaha, oh man, i think i wet myself.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

PIMP_LTD wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
Gezza, i think downingj was referring to how much street racing youve done to use for comparisions as opposed to the fact you havnt taken your car down the 1/4 to see what times it pulls...

GeZza200 wrote:
Iv never been beten off the line by any holden 6 and they have never been able to keep up after we have takin off either

GeZza200 wrote:
We had a few goes at the lights and when hes doing 140ks plus i think he is trying to race. I backed off and he would fly past me.

GeZza200 wrote:
How does that work i'v beatin every BA 6 that iv come up against and mine has a 3.08diff

GeZza200 wrote:
VX Clupsport should go pretty hard but they still dont take off quick, i have beatin every VT SS i have raced and they havn't been able to catch

GeZza200 wrote:
Your V8 must of been rooted becuause i have raced 3 supercharged VT's (2 calais's and an S). All 3 times neck an neck untill about 90 then i started to pull away, except for the S which we were neck an neck untill 110k then i started to pull away.

GeZza200 wrote:
yeah i would believe it, some 4's hammer off the line but i will always real them in pretty quick

GeZza200 wrote:
I reckon james XR wouldn't have a problem beating an R33 GTS-T, i raced one a few weeks ago, beat him off the line and to 100km and he would slowly pass me at 130km, also raced 3 times

GeZza200 wrote:
Hi my mate just got a EF falcon futura 4.0L auto, hes a mechanic and he just put the EF XR6 head on it and serviced the car so its running nice. We had a quick squirt last night and his car couldn't keep up with mine at all. We both booted it from 50ks and stop at around 120k

GeZza200 wrote:
I had a run in with a VS ute with 185kw on the back and beat that by about a car length to 130k's then backed off and i was slowly pulling away aswell.

GeZza200 wrote:
dont no how u lost, iv givin heaps of xr's a hiding and quite a few xr8's

GeZza200 wrote:
I know this thread is old but, did you end up racing him?? Because i just had a run in with a VX XU6 tonight and beat it. I was about 2 car lenghts in front at 120 then i backed off. He wound down his window at the next lights, should of seen his face when he looked at me lol.

GeZza200 wrote:
stock ED's must be slow as s**t then, i can wip VL turbos quite easy in mine and even if they are boosted high, they have to catch me, and by that time i have already backed off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Great compilation Mr Mont. Oh how i LOL'd.

This sounds like quite the EL, not.

BTW, i know this was a few pages ago, but thats some funny s**t. I hope mine can beat everything when i do my head mods.

Hahaha, oh man, i think i wet myself.

That's gold!
I knew old mate Gezza had noted that he has raced quite a few, but didn't realise just how much street racing this bloke did!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

or how much s**t he is full of :P

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Is he full of s**t? Why is that? Surely not...

This video shows a close to seven second 0-100km/h time..... He says "around 6 seconds", but it's a lot closer to 7.

Fair play to him tho, that's quicker than mine by a bit, and it is three seconds quicker than a stock nannies Celica...

I once had a real fast twin turbo Mazda 323 that would have kicked everyones a*** it came up against on the street. By quick, I mean quick. I could sit there and change into second early and let EVO 4's think they had me whilst I played with the radio switches. They'd change into third and I'd just be sitting on their back bumper, at virtually any point in time I could plant it and pull up next to them. Plant it again and watch them in the mirrors.

From 100 - 160 it was quicker than a turbo'd XR6 Ute. From about 140 and up to 200 whoever planted boot first (XR6 or 323) would ease past the other.

From 0-100 the 4WD twin turbo out launched everything.

This does not mean I should blow on about how fast it is. I know damn well that my mates fully worked Cefiro would have kicked my a*** once it's tyres stopped making holes in the pavement...

MAYBE... Just MAYBE --- If you have a real quick car that cost you heaps and you know its quick, you take it somewhere to show off how quick it is? Just maybe.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:16 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

???? where is the video dude???
i like video clips lol................. :)

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=NGYakzsFRSQ

208kw from Dyno... Complete engine rebuild done in August 2008 (bored out 30thou with ACL race pistons)....

Seems fair... AU head on EL...

A bit odd how this thread is something like "How do I get 208rwkw from a N/A E series" and G-man has his listed at 208rwkw on CARDOMAIN. What are the chances?

FIEND - Finding conspiracy theories under every second sleeping bag

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next