220rwkw 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: 220rwkw
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Just strap some snow ski's and a snow board onto the roof of your car mate,
You'll then have all the power you'll ever want or need then, thats judging by the cars passing me every day on the Hume Hwy heading to the snow. :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

its do able but look at spending more than 5k

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

not keeping it N/A it isn't, and not remaining P Plate legal...

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

WA, Australia

crosby611 wrote:
i've drivin cars with 620 bhp my old mans got a xy gtho so ive got an idea how quick i want it

well then for someone who's supposed to be around those type of cars you asked a pretty dumb question.. if you had an idea you wouldnt have typed the question you did..

220rwkw without spending too much..
DREAM ON .......

then again, ure 17 so i suppose that excuses you..... cant expect to much .....

:D :D :D

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

220 rwkw will never happen on an ef i6 NA.. being street friendly.. Will need to turbo or supercharge to abtain that power..

i think you should stick to the mods you have,.

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

these type of threads should be locked and deleted

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jaysway wrote:
these type of threads should be locked and deleted

:D thats the truth...but after some fun!

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

why would you want to delete threads like this when theres so many good diagrams (pls see below) links ---> [url]kalecoauto.com[/url] and discussion as we've seen thus far?

Attachments:
File comment: 5
this_thread_rocks.jpg
this_thread_rocks.jpg [ 90.95 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]
File comment: 4
Thrusting Storm Trooper.gif
Thrusting Storm Trooper.gif [ 32.51 KiB | Viewed 1035 times ]
File comment: 3
threadfailure.png
threadfailure.png [ 35.56 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]
File comment: 2
failboxuv3.jpg
failboxuv3.jpg [ 164.95 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
File comment: 1
24468725.jpg
24468725.jpg [ 88.27 KiB | Viewed 150 times ]

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:58 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6

WA, Australia

Man you guys are pretty harsh. Who says 220rwkw is not achievable with this motor? If you throw enough money at it, I'm almost certain you could make that sort of power. Throw some more money at it and you might make it reliably. I remember when Diablo was getting started, asking everyone if 500kWatw was achievable with a WRX. Well he went on and made it happen when all the naysayers said it couldn't be done and 300kwatw was all you needed. (I think he ended up with 514kwatw) Sure it was trailered dyno queen but there's nothing to say you can't do it. These things have 4L of engine capacity, specific power per litre would be around 80kW, which is achievable IMO.

Shorter stroke, (say 3.5L), Shave the s**t out of the block, up comp ratio, hipo cam, some nuts inlet and exhaust stuff, high rpm valve train and you might just make it. Good luck.

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i think 220rwkw is doable aswell, but it wouldn't be worth the money trying to get there. If you are chasing a power figure of 220rwkw, a turbo would be best or supercharger, because a 220rwkw NA 4L would be a dog on the street. A turbo or supercharged 4L would be smooth as silk and very drivable at the 220rwkw.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Gonadman2 wrote:
Man you guys are pretty harsh. Who says 220rwkw is not achievable with this motor? If you throw enough money at it, I'm almost certain you could make that sort of power. Throw some more money at it and you might make it reliably. I remember when Diablo was getting started, asking everyone if 500kWatw was achievable with a WRX. Well he went on and made it happen when all the naysayers said it couldn't be done and 300kwatw was all you needed. (I think he ended up with 514kwatw) Sure it was trailered dyno queen but there's nothing to say you can't do it. These things have 4L of engine capacity, specific power per litre would be around 80kW, which is achievable IMO.

Shorter stroke, (say 3.5L), Shave the s**t out of the block, up comp ratio, hipo cam, some nuts inlet and exhaust stuff, high rpm valve train and you might just make it. Good luck.

no heres the thing the origional poster asked if its possible to take his ef with 2.5 inch catback to 220 rwkw without throwing money at it. Therefore your solution is null and void, as it relies on a limitless quantity of cash.

you can build a 200 rwkw sohc six, but its not street driveable, and for track purposes only. it costs a bomb too. JMM wont even say how much iy would cost, its $$$ on arrival of finished product. since these things in stock automatic form pump out a breathtaking 105 rwkw on average, i hardly think that adding another 115 kw to the mix with a NA application is feasible. especially for 17 yr old money. It was really a stupid (maybe naive and innocent question) but its been asked sooo many times here like his ebay resistor chip thread that people get sick of it and rightly so. If he had searched this thread and other stupid threads wouldnt have existed.
What needs to be understood that if it was possibly to make our EF's pull 220 at the bags with stuff all money WE WOULD ALL have 220rwkw EF's. But since its not really possible, even with an open checkbook, we dont. Common sense should be telling people this.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Grimketel, you just won the lottery for bazillllllions of dollars.

How much of that new fortune are you spending on your i6? im not poking fun, im just curious how much you think.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

probably not much.

Id be buying myself a koenigsegg ccxr, and spending the rest on garaunteeing a regular supply of e85 fuel.

:mrgreen:

but in all seriousness, if you had to keep it NA, with open checkbook, then it depends where you go as to what they can do. Id be tempted to do what cms are doing atm, and see how far you can open the bore of the i6. So far the 4.8lt is a no go, and they are testing 4.5ltr, which seems a little more feasable. with stock stroke of 99.3mm (as you cant get any more menaingfull stroke into the soch 6) 4.5 ltr is abt 97-98mm bore (standard abt 92.3mm). this makes the engine square as opposed to undersquare, and will make its torque higher in the range as well as rev higher.

you would need strengthed crank, rods, pistons the whole shebang, it basically would retain almost none of the factory parts. then you need a head and camshaft to match, and the right sized injectors, fuel pump, regulator, and ecu running the show, like an ems or wolf. high powered ignition with msd dis-4 plus to give the extra bang to ignite the extra load. your basiaclly redesigning the motor. and all that would net maybe 200 rwkw or so it all depends on the rev limits of the engine. as we know torque x revs is what makes hp/kw. for half the money you could get that figure with a turbo or raptor supercharger. 10grand for a 200 rwkw na or 5 grand for a snort stg 2 or raptor powered car?

remember the request was for
Quote:
what can i do to achieve 220rwkw out of ef fairmont already got 2 1/2'' exhaust from the cat dont want to spend thousands either

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Grimketel wrote:
probably not much.

Id be buying myself a koenigsegg ccxr, and spending the rest on garaunteeing a regular supply of e85 fuel.

:mrgreen:

but in all seriousness, if you had to keep it NA, with open checkbook, then it depends where you go as to what they can do. Id be tempted to do what cms are doing atm, and see how far you can open the bore of the i6. So far the 4.8lt is a no go, and they are testing 4.5ltr, which seems a little more feasable. with stock stroke of 99.3mm (as you cant get any more menaingfull stroke into the soch 6) 4.5 ltr is abt 97-98mm bore (standard abt 92.3mm). this makes the engine square as opposed to undersquare, and will make its torque higher in the range as well as rev higher.

you would need strengthed crank, rods, pistons the whole shebang, it basically would retain almost none of the factory parts. then you need a head and camshaft to match, and the right sized injectors, fuel pump, regulator, and ecu running the show, like an ems or wolf. high powered ignition with msd dis-4 plus to give the extra bang to ignite the extra load. your basiaclly redesigning the motor. and all that would net maybe 200 rwkw or so it all depends on the rev limits of the engine. as we know torque x revs is what makes hp/kw. for half the money you could get that figure with a turbo or raptor supercharger. 10grand for a 200 rwkw na or 5 grand for a snort stg 2 or raptor powered car?

remember the request was for
Quote:
what can i do to achieve 220rwkw out of ef fairmont already got 2 1/2'' exhaust from the cat dont want to spend thousands either

Cool, we can lock the thread now. Move along ppl, nothing to see here....

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

You would also need to have the balance spot on and want the longest rod/shortest CH piston combo that would work; either rods or slugs I'm sure wouldn't be off the shelf.

As was said, not feasible; turbo or build a v8.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2