Fordmods Logo

250 EFI CONVERSION 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: 250 EFI CONVERSION
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NT, Australia

I managed to get hold of an EA one from a wrecker, and the shaft doesn't move latterally at all. Only problem is the gear is the opposite way up to the XF one and the hall effect is in a different spot. Was thinking I could maybe strip some of the gear out of it and fix up the XF one. The other thing I remembered was that if you reved the engine, it takes about 15 seconds for the revs to come back down and seems to keep the advance up for the same period.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98 EL GLI

SA, Australia

The ecu you are using is it for a cfi engine or a mpi engine? I ask coz the 2 engines use a different system for idle speed control. The cfi engine uses a stepper motor which is under where the acc cable connects to the injection "carby". It is quite common for this motor to stick causing the revs to hang before going to idle. As for the dizzy as Troyman said can't you just change the dist drive cogs over?

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NT, Australia

It is definately a CFI computer. I guess it could be the stepper motor keeping the revs up. I was wondering if it was maybe designed to do this to burn off any of the higher fuel flow still in the manifold after the throttle is closed. The gears on the dizzys appear to be the same, just that it is upside down on the EA one. Because of that the hole is not in the correct position when you flip it over. May just use the shaft out of the XF one, make one good dizzy out of the two I have.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2