Fordmods Logo

250 X-flow 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:11 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XW Falcon

WA, Australia

wow, you certainly know you 250's, thanks for all the info, its given me a clear pic of what i want. cheers BTW. your on perthfalcons arnt you?

1970 XW - Soon to be rebuilt

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:52 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

My two cents.

The 600CFM will be too big. Do the math and work out how bigger carb you will actually need. If your not sure how, PM me and I'll do it.

Porting and polishing is old. I agree that porting is good, but if you do some study you will find you get better flow with a slighty rough surface. The air stops on the polished surface, creating what is known as a 'dead zone'.

You should be able to get a good, torquey 220hp out of the old girl without too much stress - and make it drivable.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XW '70 wrote:
wow, you certainly know you 250's, thanks for all the info, its given me a clear pic of what i want. cheers BTW. your on perthfalcons arnt you?

Nah dude i used to be with perth e series but ive got a couple of mates in perthfalcons.
Anymore questions man and ill do my best to help you out,i love to see someone go to work on a 250 x flow and make it sing a lumpy v8 tune :D

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

XW '70 wrote:
wow, what kind of mods did you do to the carb?

As you can see, centre float bowls, a 350 Holley accel nozzle ( gives a better direction, stronger stream, and has larger volume on delivery ), separate fuel deliveries, milled the horn off and filled with liquid metal epoxy, rear metering block, 95 power valve, different spring for the vac sec acuator and altered progression ports.
The inlet manifold was port matched to the head.
The engine had 10:1 comp ratio and never pinged. It didn't even run on when turned off, which I was surprised at, as I thought it would've.
It had adjustable Street Terra roller rockers.
If you look carefully, you'll notice the rocker cover has 2 gaskets, that was to clear the rockers.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2