Fordmods Logo

250 Xflow 4.1 EFI running problem 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

I never pulled the timming chain off or anything below the head besides the water pump so could of that still happened? but that did come to mind it was TDC and piston was up and it was right up to TDC and dizzy went in on the spot then it still struglled to start and run i also have full charged battery and spare one ready to replace when getting it started

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Definately at TDC on cyl 1, not cyl 6?

If the engine is set for TDC cyl 6 but the dizzy put to fire on cyl 1, it wont start... But I imagine if you play with the dizzy position and rotate it, you may eventually get it to start buy luck.

I put the dizzy in my EL one tooth wrong once. I got it to start and turned it enough to get proper ignition timing before it hit the retainer bracket and bolt. If you still need more movement to get the right ignition setting, I would guess its alot more out of adjustment than 1 tooth. :S

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Quote:
Definately at TDC on cyl 1, not cyl 6?

yer yer it cylinder 1

im out side right now moving the dizzy over 1 cog with help of spare dizzy without the cog to adjust oil pump

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Mini Cooper S Supercharged

NSW, Australia

Was it running Ok before the top end rebuild?

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yer she was running fine besides the blue smoke and few oher little things

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I rang a mechanic today and told him the problem i was under going and he sitting on the distributor in wrong or the distributor screwed or if my luck SUCKS the Computer
I got new Points, new leads, new dizzy cap, new rotor button and new EFI Coil for the model motor all the electrical gear is Bosch now lol

He will fix it and timming light tune up for $45
plus parts which could be dizzy what i can get for $55 and they will match my one
If it computer hell if i know how much that ganna be

Its just getting to the point of F*%King rediculas it should just start after rebuild and timming all correct
EFI stands for
Enormous F#(king Idiots
thats what i think of the designers of efi

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

As Much as the XF EFI was a f**k up, the later model MPI EFI Motors are a thing of beauty! If you do need an XF ECU, Give me a shout and you can just pay me postage and a little bit of fuel for it!

Geeze Im a Nice Bloke!

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Quote:
As Much as the XF EFI was a f**k up, the later model MPI EFI Motors are a thing of beauty! If you do need an XF ECU, Give me a shout and you can just pay me postage and a little bit of fuel for it!

Geeze Im a Nice Bloke!

Thx man ill keep that offer in mind i got to friday to to get it running or the mechanic will do so ill give it a little messaround tomorrow when my mate comes around for the day I hope i can get it up and running so i can drive it down the street to mates house so i can start painting the car it got every ford colour on this car except the blue and bronze lol

Ford EF Futura Black

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol! Real XF Hey! Is it a fairmont Ghia? If you need any more XF Parts, just give us a yell. Got one sitting here!

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Nar it a Fairmont unfortuantly not GHIA

Hey hows the dizzy on it LOL

man it kinda funny trying to get this car running learning everything that can go wrong before i find the solution what is the last thing you can try lol

ill give all you guys a post on what happens tomorrow when mate gets around and we try getting the car running

Ford EF Futura Black

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2