Page 2 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: 2jz into el
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:36 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I've seen pics of a few JZ conversions into E-Series floating around, from memory there was a 1j EL on Ebay a few years back?
Way to go about it IMO is to ignore all the babble on here, buy a halfcut and nut it out yourself.
Egay china manifold and 35r with external gate would be a winner.

skidder wrote:
eed-250 wrote:
f**k 2j.
this would be better bang for buck

About the only advantage in fitting this over a ford 351 is an alloy block stock and better heads.

LOL
If you had of simplified that anymore, I wouldn't be posting because I would have assumed you were retarded and hence taken pity on you.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Your in luck dude

then engine will fit easy with plenty of clearance and you have an option of front or rear sump to fit in your falcon.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
skidder wrote:
eed-250 wrote:
f**k 2j.
this would be better bang for buck

About the only advantage in fitting this over a ford 351 is an alloy block stock and better heads.

LOL
If you had of simplified that anymore, I wouldn't be posting because I would have assumed you were retarded and hence taken pity on you.

Haha yes it was, but a 351w with alloy heads will pull very similar numbers to an ls1 (assuming that's what that was? Sorry can't tell the difference between 1/2).

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Put the JZ in with single turbo , also you will have some gearbox options like 5 spd / 6spd sequincial / auto
and have it all running a M800 motec and it should be a good 11sec car if not qwiker

and yes i ve also done my homework on this and have considered this optoin aswell a few years ago
but i was also playing with the idea with a RB out of a R32 GTR

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Last edited by MRE-50L on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

PIMP_LTD wrote:
LOL,
a 2J will flog it, and be much cooler anyway.

s**t
bang for buck you cant beat this motor.

Get the f**k over your 2J. Who cares if they are strong, to crack 900hp your gonna need a monster fuel system, MONSTER TURBO, aftermarket ecu, lots of tuning, cooler piping do i need to go on?=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LS2; Cam + exhaust and you will have enough power to run 11's and drift in whatever gear you want.
T56 6 speed will bolt straight up.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

eed-250 wrote:
PIMP_LTD wrote:
LOL,
a 2J will flog it, and be much cooler anyway.

s**t
bang for buck you cant beat this motor.

Get the f**k over your 2J. Who cares if they are strong, to crack 900hp your gonna need a monster fuel system, MONSTER TURBO, aftermarket ecu, lots of tuning, cooler piping do i need to go on?=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LS2; Cam + exhaust and you will have enough power to run 11's and drift in whatever gear you want.
T56 6 speed will bolt straight up.

You still have the problem of the LS1/2 engines not only sucking balls with there silly buried camshaft technology, but also being un-reliable pieces of s**t.

How much can you buy everything required for a chev conversion? I dont reckon as cheap as a JZ front cut.

And like i have already said now, so you've had a chance to read this, that need it be said there will obviously be bolt on parts required to make such horse power, just like a 4L, or your s**t chev motor. My statement simply quotes the strength compared to others.

You must be retarded.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

So you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling? Who the f**k are you anyway? And what gives you the right to bag out chev engines when your driving a f**k EB???

Unreliable hey? Typical one eyed ford supporter.. ls2's are fine and why do you care so much about where the cam is? It f**k WORKS.

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Ghia

NSW, Australia

2JZ, LS1/2, DOHC 4.0L... all can make more than enough power..

which one fits easiest?

I'd go for a DOHC 4.0L, since they can handle a fair bit on a standard bottom end... nizpro got 400rwkw out of a stock BA engine *I THINK* and it ran 10.8 second 1/4 mile *IIRC*. (I'll try find the info)

Thats on a 1.7 ton car or what ever they weigh, EL weights about 1524kg, or about 1600 if you have a ghia... so you got less weight than a BA, a stock BA engine can handle a lot of power (a BF would handle more), its an engine that is able to get a BA down the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds... put into an EL... should go good.

There is a lot of work involved doing the conversion from what I have seen though, and not many people get the conversion finished.

So would you rather a 2jz? get that up to 450rwkw but will it be quicker? it probably has less torque
And I think 460rwkw is about the limit for a 2JZ bottom end isnt it?

LS1 / LS2 are a big engine making a lot of power, but you'll probably need a turbo or super charger to get 400rwkw anyway... so why not just go for the 4.0L... same power from a smaller engine.

Thats how I see it anyway.

EDIT:
here is the info on the unopened 10.8 second BA
post from simon g on nizpro forums
Quote:
Mick who has a BA XR6T using a stage two Nizpro kit is out at Calder tonight we have recently upgraded his intercooler from the older style to one of our new ones, Still running a stock BA small conrod engine untoucher bar Cobra valve springs Mick has improver his times from 11.10 @ 124 mph to a 10.80 @ 127mph still not the fastest unopened XR6T but very close to the 10.77 @122mph that a C&V customer has run. Mick is running pump shell unleaded and a road legal M&H tyre. If he goes fastest I will let you know

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

imo the sohc 4l is the best option,

bottom end is as strong as a 2j in stock form imo and will make bulk more torque.

imo the dohc 4L isnt much better of an engine than the sohc for performance plus the bottom ends are weaker.

ls1/ls2 would be just silly...

if you wanted 1000hp+ the 2jz would be the best option

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

How about a 1UZ-FE?

I have seen a thread where one was fitted to an EB Falcon Wagon. Would be a great starting point for bulk power, and sound good too.

Hmmm, have got me thinking now.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I really love how this thread has gone from "Will a 2J fit", to "LS1 is better", to "get fukked you kunt 2JZ beats LS1", to "How about motor 'xyz'?".

PS. LS*=Windsor>2JZ>SOHC 4L>RB30E>DOHC 4L>1JZ>FJ20>RB26>SR20>1UZ>?

end thread.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

eed-250 wrote:
So you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling? Who the f**k are you anyway? And what gives you the right to bag out chev engines when your driving a f**k EB???

Unreliable hey? Typical one eyed ford supporter.. ls2's are fine and why do you care so much about where the cam is? It f**k WORKS.

Well, if it walks like a duck, and acts like a duck, its a duck matey.

And i need to be given the "right" to bag a motor?? Who the f**k are you anyway? What a lame question, like it matters, man you sound like a keyboard warrior.

I'm far from a "typical one eyed ford supporter", and i've had enough experience with those engines to know they're rubbish.

And whats me driving an EB got to do with anything? LOL

I'll just let you have your little teary now, sorry for baggin your precious motor, LOLOL

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: el gli manwel

QLD, Australia

How bout you's stop having a bloody cry about what i want to do ok. I dont wanna run eleven or ten sec quarters i wanna smoke 4th gear up qr main straight at 130k alright i got the suspension sorted i just want to do it in style while being a bit different and if you dont like it then piss off cause i dont wanna hear your crap. I just want some help with putting a tough donk in a family car and sliding in style. So if your more interested in bagging this motor or that motor then take a hike i wanna hear from people that have something decent to say

THE LOOSEST MUTHA FUKA YOU'VE EVER MET

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Dude i'm on your f**k side.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Ef Ghiaaaaaargh!

WA, Australia

I don't think the OP is on any "side"..

Anyway, im currently researching an LS1/2 conversion for my merc, most of it can be done fairly cheap and LS motors are extremely good bang for buck with an excellent array of cheap aftermarket parts and the ability for practically anyone to work on them CHEAPLY. In saying that in my area if you put a chev motor in a ford your likely to get your windows smashed in lol.

2jz I don't know too much about, have you checked spare parts availability, price etc? The other thing is getting it registered and street legally engineered, last thing you want is for your new beast to run down someone and not be covered by insurance due to an illegal engine transplant.

I'd be more inclined to run an LS engine, then in the future if more power is needed boost it. Have been in a 10.8 second N/a VX SS many times.. imagine it supercharged or turboed.

Also, nothing beats the v8 sound.

Mercedes 500SEC: -- GONE -- http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-83-mercedes-500sec-buildup-t69837.html
Ef Ghia: -- GONE -- Pacie 4480's, 2.5" Redback, custom grille, FTR's.
AU xr8: BA xr wheels, 2.5" custom exh, leather and woodgrain next.
Chevy Camaro: LHD, Black, all original.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next