Fordmods Logo

3.9L/4.0L Inline 6 Modification Guide 

Page 16 of 23 [ 340 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

A shift kit is merely a a few resistors and some wires joined together... and if you call a nice solid chirp into second working, then yeah they work well.

Powerchips are worthless, get a cam for the money. Remember you can get a Wade cam, shims and a new rocker cover gasket for like $200.

And welcome to the site Tim. :)

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thanks,

Sorry my mistake i first thought short shift for a manual, as in short throw, coz that's what i own, my bad. Sweet as, shame this cam from crow is worth 600 bucks i haven't heard of the brand of cam you use. Are they any good and is there a website or email address whereby i could get in touch with someone?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

I use an RPD cam, they are no longer around to sell cams unfortunately.
If you are talking asbout the wade cams I mentioned, I have used them before too. They have a section on this forum, and are also at http://www.wadecams.com/

And yeah those shift kits are for autos. Thankfully you have a manual, which are so much better :)
The short shifters for those are a few hundred bucks.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

The short shifters with a positive stop are worth thier weight as the T5 doesnt have built in stops for the shift rods, which means that the stops on the shifter will help preventing the shift forks from becoming bent.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BFII XR6T, ZF 6sp, 290 rwkw

WA, Australia

Well done voxace... finally i hav found what i was looking for... everyone says do this do that but i can finally work out what i want/need in terms of bang for your buck!!!

:D

BF XR6T ZF 6sp
Custom tuned w/ Sniper box, Walbro fuel pump, 60lb injectors, Herrod intercooler, high flow cat... 290 rwkw @ 11psi hehe
EF Futura, BW T5 5sp, 3.45 LSD... The bunky!

Quality is job one... Putting out the fire is job two...

Post subject: Spack Problems
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Folden Falcodore SSXR8

SA, Australia

Hey i recently installed a Spack Cluster into my EA and the Taco, oil Pressure, Volt meter and odomoter dont work. Is this the wiring or what?

Some help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Rabbits Disfigured Body.....................................................Looks like he needs a body KIT

AMOS U NEED A SHAVE

Post subject: Re: Spack Problems
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

ngibson wrote:
Hey i recently installed a Spack Cluster into my EA and the Taco, oil Pressure, Volt meter and odomoter dont work. Is this the wiring or what?

Some help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

well well well, fancy seeing you here :P

there is a pink wire behind the front right strut that is the tacho wire. ill pop round and wire it up for you if you like.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Post subject: ALFY U RAT
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

HAHA ALFY U ARE GOING TO COME ROUND AND WIRE IT UP HEY!!!

I THINK ITS SOMETHINNG TO DO WITH THE CLUSTER ITSELF CAUSE THE ORIGINAL STILL WORKS AND YER..... :lol:

SO WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO DO IT!!!! :twisted:

Rabbits Disfigured Body.....................................................Looks like he needs a body KIT

AMOS U NEED A SHAVE

Post subject: haha
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Im sitting right next to you and we are talking over the net :lol: haha so silly

AMOS U NEED A SHAVE

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

nathan ur gonna get banned if u keep posting useless s**t in this thread :lol:

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Voxace sorry i used ur info on another forum :( i fixed it up and put a link to this sit and gave u credit for this info :)

(.Y.)

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: R34 GTR

VIC, Australia

WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOTHER WITH BRANDS LIKE...WADE, CROW, LUKEY...etc ???!! THERE IS ONLY 1 THAT WILL GIVE U BEST PERFORMANCE IN ALL THEIR PRODUCTS....AND THATS Jim Mock Motorsport!!! WHY? Because all JMM products are INTENSELY R&D'd!!. AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED TO MAKE YOUR FALCON FLY! SO DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH OTHER BRANDS!!

LUMPY-6

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:40 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

efmarek wrote:
WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOTHER WITH BRANDS LIKE...WADE, CROW, LUKEY...etc ???!! THERE IS ONLY 1 THAT WILL GIVE U BEST PERFORMANCE IN ALL THEIR PRODUCTS....AND THATS Jim Mock Motorsport!!! WHY? Because all JMM products are INTENSELY R&D'd!!. AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED TO MAKE YOUR FALCON FLY! SO DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH OTHER BRANDS!!

did you have to use capital letters? and its personal preference you goose...now shoo

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF11 Ghia

VIC, Australia

efmarek wrote:

That my friend is a very big statement you need to be careful in how you come across with bias towards one particular item. There are a lot of people that i have heard of that in actual fact would argue the opposite.
It sounds like they have raped you for all your earnings and are hangin out your rear end. That is what competition is out there for people to have just that competitive market places JMMS are not the only companyto have been developing I6 fords You have company's such as Mike's dyno andby the way not bad for a company that trades as The 308 shop. Anyway enough of this shiiiiiit only gettin down to your level of blindness .End of the day people do have choices ....And as well as competitive PRICING JMM are not the cheapest around....But are one if not the dearest around for people on a budget...All there literature that has been in performance mag rebuild Have been on a EA/EB 3.9 I have not seen a article outlining enhancements on the later 4.0lt .If wrong on this part can somebody give me info as to magazines it has appeared in... Best of luck in drumming up business for them but i am afraid to say they wont be getting mine or a few other peoples I know :roll: :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

efmarek wrote:

you must be the biggest douche...i take it you got exhaust and a cam and pulled 180wkws on his dyno 8-)

from what i've read there's no evidence that JMM has "INTENSELY R&D" (it's spelt wrong) with there being just as many good and bad reviews as any other place...so to come out and say WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE BOTHER WITH BRADS LIKE WADE, CROW, LUKEY (all of which i've heard better reviews of then JMM) just shows you as naive

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 16 of 23  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next