Fordmods Logo

300rw hp information 

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:33 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

You guys are the aggressive ones. I simply provide a different perspective for the guy asking the question. Food for thought. I add value to the discussion and the thought process not just simply give an answer. You answer may be absolutely right, but is it the best alternative..... maybe or maybe not.

I never resort to obscene language like you guys. A different perspective is what i offer. Let him make up his own mind given not only the answers to his questions but the alternatives as well.

Obviously you guys are threatened by my perspective and I dont understand why. You guys often resort to obscene language, no different to being violent really. Its irrelevant that I drive an LS1. I also drive a Ford.

The person asking the question obviously wants an answer, but I choose to question the logic of the question, you guys simply provide an answer. How bout providing some advice as well.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Who agrees with me??

no one.

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

EB V8, it's pretty much irrelevant what he spends on his car, depreciation is a given when it comes to cars.
Do you think that your LS1 edit was a good investment? how many k's do you think the LS1 will last before it falls in a heap? 300000k's if you are lucky?
The VX is a shape not necessarily loved by all commodore owners, and there are already VYSS's going pretty cheap... the early ls1 v8's will be worth next to nothing very soon, as people go to the newer look and feel of the VY for only like 5k extra over a VX.
However I assume you bought a VX because you like the shape and enjoy the ride and feel of the engine? And eventually losing money on it through depreciation is ok, because it was a car that served you pretty well while you had it.
So this is why people spend money on the E series. Yes you're spending more than the car is worth, yes you'll never get it back, but who cares?
Spend 25k on an xr6t? or spend 5k on an EF and spend 10 or 15 modifyign it and it will outperform the newer models for still less than what you would have spent, and you've got a reliable body, an engine that will hold up for a bloody long time (short of the head gasket :p) and a shape that you love?
The E series are already holding their value with equivalent A series cars.. so I reckon they're not depreciating too badly...

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
You guys are the aggressive ones. I simply provide a different perspective for the guy asking the question. Food for thought. I add value to the discussion and the thought process not just simply give an answer. You answer may be absolutely right, but is it the best alternative..... maybe or maybe not.

I never resort to obscene language like you guys. A different perspective is what i offer. Let him make up his own mind given not only the answers to his questions but the alternatives as well.

Obviously you guys are threatened by my perspective and I dont understand why. You guys often resort to obscene language, no different to being violent really. Its irrelevant that I drive an LS1. I also drive a Ford.

The person asking the question obviously wants an answer, but I choose to question the logic of the question, you guys simply provide an answer. How bout providing some advice as well.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa... Get over yourself man... Actually, that might not be possible, considering the heap of s**t and dribble you spew out.

I do apologise for offending your sensibilites, but tough s**t!

If you think we are threatened by you, you are sorely mistaken. Sick and tired of putting up with your holier-than-thou speeches, yes. But definately not threatened.

By your apparent indesputable logic, I should be running for cover, selling my car and looking at something new and faster. But no, I like my car. Its the only car I've ever really wanted, so I have it. And it definately not your place to tell me (or anyone else on this site) what I level of money I can and cant spend on it.

It is quite obvious you have zero technical knowledge, but do have a nicely sized cheque book. This is the technical area of the forums, not the "I am God, hear me preach" part of the forums. That is off topic. Or even better, send the bloke a PM with your "logic", rather then polluting a thread with absolute dribble that does nothing to help the original posters question.

Driving an LS1 is highly relevant to the discussion. What you have done is gone and bought a vehicle with an engine that has been for sale in the US for longer than I have been alive for. They have modded it to the hilt. To the point where there is nothing more to do, unless you spend alot of $$$ going big and custom. So what have Aussie engine shops done, like Holden they have gone to the US and borrowed and adapted every modification possible. Now, seeing as there is little development time and little effort in making these engines make more power, the driver gets a fair boost of power, for comparitively little $$$. But, what you end up with is 10,000 mofos out there, blindly handing over cheques and credit cards, to obtain the exact same mods, ending up with trying to work out who's d**k is bigger. And you have seemed to joined this group. Hows that for decent logic.

Opinions are like a**hole, everyone as one. Some people, like youself, think they are bigger and louder than everyone else. So to use your favorite phrase, take your f**k head out of the sand. There are other ways of doing things, other ways of spending money. And we dont need your permission or logic to decide on what we want to do.

Now, as this is a technical forum, it's time to drop this line of discussion. If you want to continue it, start a new thread in off topic, or send me a PM.

Until then, f**k OFF IDIOT!

P.S. I don't ever remember you asking us for out advice before going out and buying your SS. Surely next time you make such a big decision, you should be offering us a chance to help you out. Allow us to question the logic if your course of action.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

eb v8 your rule on never spend more than 50% of what the car it worth on mods. is the most stupid thing ive ever heard this is ford MODS website. what about every car at every car show sumer nats for example.
whatabout restring a car a m8 bought his xy ute for $2000 should he only spend $1000 on it.
answer hel no spend what u can afford and what u think is worth it. he has spent about 15k looks awsome and is dirrernt for that money hecould of got a tired thrashed au xr8 ute.
but ibstead he has a tidy, powerfull 351 with every thing in great condtion and is a head turner.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

EB V8

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:29 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Falcon

NSW, Australia

I say go and have some fun and spend some $$$ to make it the car YOU want it to be!

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:15 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

i would like to add that a decent turbo set up wouldnt cost much over 8-9 thou (i think plz correct me if im wrong) and in my opinion a turbo'd e-series with 300rwhp has a lot more wow factor than an BA I6T with 300rwhp..... just coz it takes a bit more knowledge and work to get it there....

but you wouldnt know anything about those things i spose eb v8....

1993 EB GL Falcon 4.0L

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I think everyone has just made my point for me :) considering ive spend so far about 7 and not expecting to spend much more :P (hoping) i think thats not to bad on a 10.5k car especially with the results im hoping to get ie:270-300rwkw. Even gettting 2 leather hides in the colors i want for my interior for $50 i guess thats a waste of money too????

Just to go completly off topic now i had a ride in a 270rwkw vr commonwhore last nite f**k it was quick :) pity about the badge tho........
Ne1 got any idea of how much one of them pieces o crap weighs???

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

id say close to 1500kg most full sized car are there abouts.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3