Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
this thread is gay.
isnt there a thread on FG FPV power outputs already?

why, does it wear a**-less chaps?

if the Xr6 is a 5 sec to 100 jobby then the F6 would have to be looking at 4 and a halfs, it would just have to be... please god let it spreadeth the s**t all over the Heapa Shite Vehicles range.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: '79 XD Falcon Wagon

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
gogetta wrote:
who cares if they dump the V8 when they have this beast

Alot of people dont want to have to wait until 3000 till the vacuum cleaner kicks in........

Turbos are great, especially when they come on boost, but the v8's torque down low is a different drive altogether, imagine a huffer on the v8.
While I agree forced induction on the 8 would be SWEET MATE, the fact is that you don't have to wait until 3000rpm before the turbo spools up on the force-fed 6s, the torque curve on those bad boys is nice and flat, peaking at 533Nm @ 2000rpm and producing all 533Nm right up until 4750rpm! Compare that to the V8, which makes slightly less (520Nm), but doesn't peak until 4750rpm!

While the 6 will never have the intoxicating sound of the bent 8, it's impossible for anyone to argue that the force-fed 6 isn't the better engine, stock vs stock. Bring on a few modifications and could very well be a different story - supercharge that V8 and it should leave the turbo 6 behind, but sadly Ford will never do that, so it's up to the buyer to spend the extra to get the 8 to out perform the T6.

http://www.xfords.com

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
gogetta wrote:

Alot of people dont want to have to wait until 3000 till the vacuum cleaner kicks in........

Turbos are great, especially when they come on boost, but the v8's torque down low is a different drive altogether, imagine a huffer on the v8.... The seppos have the turbo 4.6's well into the 8's street registered....

Im sure ford wont dump the v8, they should learn their lesson from before.

And maybe 310 kw's might be great, the torque would be awesome too, the question is, when they drop the I6, will ford customers be looking to 8 cylinders for a more torquey drive, especially when the v6 is a dissapointment?

Have you ever driven a Boss V8? They're pretty disappointing down low, to me they feel worse than a Gen3 down low.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Private9 wrote:
schnoods wrote:
gogetta wrote:

Turbos are great, especially when they come on boost, but the v8's torque down low is a different drive altogether, imagine a huffer on the v8.... The seppos have the turbo 4.6's well into the 8's street registered....

Im sure ford wont dump the v8, they should learn their lesson from before.

And maybe 310 kw's might be great, the torque would be awesome too, the question is, when they drop the I6, will ford customers be looking to 8 cylinders for a more torquey drive, especially when the v6 is a dissapointment?

Have you ever driven a Boss V8? They're pretty disappointing down low, to me they feel worse than a Gen3 down low.
nothing a full aftermarket exhaust and flash tune cannot fix...

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

my dad has got everything bar a supercharger on his gt and its definetely not dissapointing down low with 360kw at the motor

havnt had any other car beat it yet

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:05 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Oh the new typhoon is 565nm from like 1700rpm till about 5 somthing, real flat, bugger all lag, and the gt is i think 553nm, should be sweet but they realy need somthing to kill that 7ltr bombodore there bringing out for hsv, maby a ausie like GT-R? a f6 with about 380kw badged at 350kw, with rear steer and adjustible shocks and spoilers and light weight 18 inch by 9 or 10''mags nothing to drastic looking lol maby they should make a retro 12 slota and with race seats standard no rear's and no a/c with just a basic sterio and a desplay screen for rpm and temp and stuff but hmmm im dreaming i know:( WAKE UP AND MAKE IT FPV!!!

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Private9 wrote:

FPV have engineered more bottom end response and urge into the boss 315. Cant be F**k finding links to the quotes, so just go with me on it.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2