Fordmods Logo

38mm primary pipe extractors. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: 38mm primary pipe extractors.
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz

U should get Chris from best mufflers to get ur 02 sensor positioned at the end of the collector

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

what for?

if your other 3 cylinders are that different from the first 3, then theres something very wrong !!!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU falcon

VIC, Australia

My o2 sensor only picks up 2 cylinders and the car runs fine, no need to have it way down.

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Welcome to Toongabbie motorsports :P

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes it will run fine but do u see good tuners only getting a readout from half the cyclinders........

How does the ecu get a proper indication to make a adjustment with only a 3 cyclinder readout....

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Yes it will run fine but do u see good tuners only getting a readout from half the cyclinders........

How does the ecu get a proper indication to make a adjustment with only a 3 cyclinder readout....

That's a question i have asked myself a few times. To be honest I am unsure of the answer.

Some race car's have an o2 in each cylinders pipe, but our road car's ecu's couldn't handle that. On my V8 falcon's i noticed there is one o2 sensor per bank/extractor, but they are sequentially injected iirc.

I wonder if the location matters on a car sequentially injected & not so much on a car with batch/bank injection?

I love the pic of the repainted extractors, they look like new! A job i should add to my ever growing list of "to do" lol.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy

02 sensor does make a big difference where its placed when ur doing fine tuning.

the 02 sensors u see on each cyclinder pipe is so they can trim each individual piston as say for example piston 1 likes 28* timing but piston 6 likes 30* timing as each cyclinder it a touch different to another.

On a bank/batch setup its not so important as long as the 02 sensor is located at the collector.

Good tuners will get u to go to an exhaust shop to install a bug before ur cat so they get a proper reading as its alot different when it comes from the tail pipe.

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

On the 4480's, the O2 sensor is at the main collector......I have since fitted a wideband sensor, so now have 2 fitted.

Attachments:
IMGP4808.JPG
IMGP4808.JPG [ 362.77 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2