Fordmods Logo

4499's installed but i asked for 4480's !!! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Looks at specs of lengths and size on both extractors ... there's bugger all difference.

4499s are meant for LPG and column shift vehicles (mind you it doesn't legally fit LPG vehicles anyway ... I just found out without modification).

The 4480s cost more than the 4499s

4480 - Competition series
4499 - LPG / Column Shift

as mentioned the 4499s are better for bottom end torque (hence better for LPG ... plus dimensions are meant to fit past factory converter as well).

4480s are for better flow for top-end ... and are suited for vehicles with mild modifications (or more).

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Mechan1k wrote:
Looks at specs of lengths and size on both extractors ... there's bugger all difference.

4499s are meant for LPG and column shift vehicles (mind you it doesn't legally fit LPG vehicles anyway ... I just found out without modification).

The 4480s cost more than the 4499s

4480 - Competition series
4499 - LPG / Column Shift

as mentioned the 4499s are better for bottom end torque (hence better for LPG ... plus dimensions are meant to fit past factory converter as well).

4480s are for better flow for top-end ... and are suited for vehicles with mild modifications (or more).

so you are trying to tell us that the ones with the smaller pipes have better flow for more top end??

you'll find small differences in spec can greatly efect the way they perform. more so when you factor in they have a completly different layout

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

hey guys called my mechanic today and he said there was is a f**k up with the distribution books and online website for pacemaker. and in light of this fitted the 4499's thinking id be ok with it

obviously im not, and hes fitting the 4480's on monday

but, i wanted to find out what the deal is with the catalog and website, called up the distributor and he told me that the current 4480's are a new model and are 6 months old.

apparently the secondary pipe is now as large or nearly as large as the secondaries on the 4499's i forgot the specs but either a 1" 5/8 or a 1" 7/8

not sure if this has been covered b4, but inlight of the new model it has made my decision to get the 4480's much easier.

5sp EL XR6, KYB AGX struts, Lovells springs, Pacemaker 44??'s, 2.5'' exhaust....

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Dont forget to let us now if you noticed a difference to the car.

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2