Fordmods Logo

4.0Lt I6 v ecotec V6 - MAX POWER??? 

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

chris mills perfomance, I've had two experiances with that company... both of them bad...

on the second one, I asked them to shave a head flat once.. came back with more than a 1/4 inch taken off it.. the valves stuck out past the face when closed.. then they tried to tell me I needed to pay them 150 for it...
told them to bin the head.. haven't been back...

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

cboz wrote:
doofus wrote:
Mate just threw in a stroked ecotec 4.2 in his vp wagon. whippled, intercooled..the works. Hoping for about 500hp at the wheels.
After watching the saloon cars go head to head on the weekend, i dont doubt holdens power...even if it is just stock vs stock.

The Falcon's have been hamstrung to allow even competition. I know the Commo's get shorter diff gearing, I think the Falcons have to carry ballast and a few other things. IMO, the buick is second rate in every way except stock economy compared to the i6.

Mmm well, lets put it this way. In both the EA vs VN & VT vs AU classes, it was an all Holden top 5 in every race.
Disapointing to see. Even off the line, the falcons didnt have much hope.
Must say though, them fkn vt's are loud as f**k!

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

doofus wrote:
cboz wrote:
doofus wrote:
Mate just threw in a stroked ecotec 4.2 in his vp wagon. whippled, intercooled..the works. Hoping for about 500hp at the wheels.
After watching the saloon cars go head to head on the weekend, i dont doubt holdens power...even if it is just stock vs stock.

The Falcon's have been hamstrung to allow even competition. I know the Commo's get shorter diff gearing, I think the Falcons have to carry ballast and a few other things. IMO, the buick is second rate in every way except stock economy compared to the i6.

Mmm well, lets put it this way. In both the EA vs VN & VT vs AU classes, it was an all Holden top 5 in every race.

I dont know much about the saloon cars but...
Check the rule book..... i think you will find the Commo's have a few extra choices than the Fords in certain area's Diff Gears and such which helps a fair bit.
Second thing Last year who won the Championship ? pretty sure it was an AU falcon (correct me if i am wrong)

Also your mate works at COME......
Go visit him and see this 300fwkw engine, or at least get him to prove it - are you sure he is not just talking theoretically ?

The Ecotec Head with Extensive porting could probably achieve a flow rate that could allow it to produce 300fwkw (~400hp) and the block is defiantly able to take it, but to get it to do it is another thing.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

schnoods wrote:
Well the car was built for 2 reasons, One was to crack a low 9 with the bottle to get the crown of the fastest ecotec in Aus, second reason was to give a big up yours to CMP (chris mills perfomance, Long story).

Im not a fan of it either but I have heard it once on boost on a dyno and it did sound great. It ran 18psi then, it will be running closer to 25 when its ready for a track tune.

As for Pyroay, after a Mystery Monday a month ago (street drag) it ended up doing a 16.5 after wheel spin all through the gears, and something chronic happening with the motor, in the pit it sounded like a coffee grinder. But saying that the car was daily driven and maybe fresh it would've handled a helluva lot more, hearing that car on boost was a privelige I cherished. :P

Dont like the buicks either, but with enough money thrown at it it can move, though I reckon if it wasnt for the blocks and bottom ends on the falcon, we'd have alot more seeing heaps more power.

yeah that 4.2 is a custom crank and rods/pistons...valves etc all aftermarket....

whats the matter with the ford blocks and cranks/rods???

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

anyone know how much you can get from a 250 6cyl?

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Buick V6s were running 10s when most of us were still in primary school.....(or even nappies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYxYT9SqRg&NR=1

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Last edited by Sturmovik on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sturmovik wrote:
Buick V6s were running 10s when most of us were still in primary school.....(or even nappies)

id say so were some turbo ford 6's...the 250s that is

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

gogetta wrote:
Sturmovik wrote:

id say so were some turbo ford 6's...the 250s that is

IIRC from what I've read up on the history of the falcon 6 is there was a guy in the late 60s early 70s with an XT that had a truck turbo on it that ran low 11s/10s

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1966 mustang

QLD, Australia

hey guys, i dont know why you are saying how far behind is the ford i6... its always been ahead thats why holden has changed there motor to the toyota motor... heres a link to something i found a while ago, http://www.kostecki.com.au/ford_cnc_heads.php
scroll down the page to the CNC Kostecki 4-litre Ford OHC
500hp Potential
it says that the version 2 large valve head produced 300 hp at the tyres , so imagin what there stage 3 or 4 head would be capable of.+ the head says flows 500hp so i would imagin a fair bit over 300fwkw's with a suitable cam and valve springs and a fair few other mods.

1966 mustang 4Litre GT45, 560cc injectors, Walbro 550intank, 4spd auto 2700stall,Ems Stinger.
330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

They dont call em KostaSTACKY for nothing!

A few blokes over here run em, they arent as great as they make out to be, though saying that they go great! but they cost a fair bit, would go great with a 650 DP carb.

Quote:
yeah that 4.2 is a custom crank and rods/pistons...valves etc all aftermarket....

whats the matter with the ford blocks and cranks/rods???

Yep the the 4.4 offset crank is was custom made, runs arias forged pistons 8.5- 1 comp, 1.9 ratio roller rockers, argo rods.

The thing with Ford blocks/cranks/rods is the fact that the long stroke and the length of it makes it hard when chasing big numbers. Remember having a 4 inch stroke makes it a bit harder to ring its neck so to speak, it isnt a smooth movement, flex is another issue, I havent seen too many girdles on the market to stop longitudinal flex. It isnt impossible though to get it right, Im sure everyone has seen the 1000 hp +Nizpro motor. If not here..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fb9Q6ErB8cw

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

mustang6 wrote:
hey guys, i dont know why you are saying how far behind is the ford i6... its always been ahead thats why holden has changed there motor to the toyota motor... heres a link to something i found a while ago, http://www.kostecki.com.au/ford_cnc_heads.php
500hp Potential
it says that the version 2 large valve head produced 300 hp at the tyres , so imagin what there stage 3 or 4 head would be capable of.+ the head says flows 500hp so i would imagin a fair bit over 300fwkw's with a suitable cam and valve springs and a fair few other mods.

I stopped reading after you mentioned something about Holden using a Toyota motor :lol:

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sturmovik wrote:
mustang6 wrote:
500hp Potential

I stopped reading after you mentioned something about Holden using a Toyota motor :lol:

i assume he thinks the alloytec is toyota for some reason....hes at least got it partly right that it isnt a holden engine...

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

doofus wrote:
cboz wrote:
doofus wrote:

Don't want to start a bloodbath, lol, but I think the Falcons have cleaned up everything there is to be won hence they are taking several things away from the Fords to even up the competition, if it was as you say, why would they disadvantage the Falcons :twisted: ?

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1966 mustang

QLD, Australia

haha yeh i dont know but i did read about the all new holden v6 is a toyota motor, that they have just made it a bit bigger or something but i mite be just imagining it lol cant remember but there all s**t so it dont matter.

1966 mustang 4Litre GT45, 560cc injectors, Walbro 550intank, 4spd auto 2700stall,Ems Stinger.
330Rwhp @10psi.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Any motor can be made powerful..... its just the fact that the ford motor is further ahead already and a nicer base motor to work.. but there are morons who spend s**t on v6's to make them go hard. spend half on a 4L for the same power and more torque but anyway...

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next