Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: 6 cyl cruise surging now and then
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Been having a few little problems since i did a BBM conversion on my EB wagon converted it all the same as i did on my ED xr6 but now and then while cruising it seems like its dies (like someone turned the key off or its over fueled but after a few seconds seems to go away and is really noticeable at about 60kph any ideas what it could be ive done a diag check and no faults found pumps good etc Im little confused

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: 6 cyl cruise surging now and then
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Things i have checked are fuel pump/reco injectors/new intake bbm & head gaskets, fuel filter, airfilter, O2 sensor

Just cant seem to get the thing right?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Check your distributor as well as the TFI module. The module might be on it's way out and cutting in and out. Happened to my EL, every now and then it would cut out and sometimes when under load, it will cut in and out randomly.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hmm never thought of that, Also where can i get one from?

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Ignition leads?? check at night and check for crossfire between leads....

If your TFI module was playing up, then you would be losing spark. So while cruising at 60 the tacho would drop to zero for a second or two then come back up to normal again.

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Its got new leads, cap, coil, rotor button and plugs i replaced them almost a week ago just goes sluggish while driving for a moment and if you press acc pedal down a little makes no difference then takes off (its like the timing retatards) also have replaced TPS too

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Tacho doesnt move while driving nothing odd. it will be great and all of a sudden it feels dead on power but it will go back no normal and go like a scalded cat ???? anyone suggest what it could be i have a tfi on its way but thinking what else it could be untill it turns up?

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

any chance my ECU is faulty due to the fault code 512? ive replaced the ECU with another 6TBB and 6DBB and same thing with and without chip any chance this could be causing my car to loose power at cruise (minimum throttle ie @ 60Kph cruising) ????als does it @ 80kph too but over 100kph you dont notice it (may just be from the momentum keeping it rolling at that speed?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]