6 Cylinder EF Quarter Mile 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 6 Cylinder EF Quarter Mile
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ba XR8

QLD, Australia

Hello fellow Ford drivers. I am a high school teacher (ex ford mechanic) near Brisbane where I teacher Automotive studies. The school has a 6 cylinder, auto EF falcon the students work on then take to Willowbank for Test N Tune nights.

The car has run a best time of 14.7 seconds with no engine mods only induction and exhaust. The students have removed and cut away as much of the car as possible for weight reduction. Danny at Bayside diff and Gearboxs in Capalaba fitted a spooled diff to the vehicle and we run 14" low profile tyre to simulated a lower diff ratio.

Being a school we have next to no funding and rely on support to keep this car going.
Just putting it out there and asking the question if anyone has any cheap parts like XR6 throttle body, injectors etc that they would like to of load. The car has peaked out at 14.7 seconds and some internal mods may be required.
Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated
my personal e-mail is jcomp8@eq.edu.au

Post subject: Re: 6 Cylinder EF Quarter Mile
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xr6 throttle body and injectors are the same as standard. au falcon injectors have a better spray but you probably wont see any gains on the track. i'd say your next stop after intake and exhaust would be cam and chip. headwork if you can afford it.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

That's awesome

I'd recommend getting a bigger cam in as your next priority. And then a J3 chip to make it work (plus make proper use of 98 fuel)

Would only be a couple hundred max for that, maybe less if you can find a second hand cam.

EL Ghia

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ba XR8

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the feedback. Been told BA XR6 turbo injectors will work and run E85 (up to 110 octane) plus an ECU chip.

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AFAIK ba injectors are all the same. (27or29lbs). depending on what your rwkw will be id say the au injectors will be just fine.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

You didn't say what diff gears you had.......assuming it's a stock diff, it would have 3.08's.
Being an auto, a set of 3.90's or 4.11's would be the go, then you can run 15" tyres to get a longer foot print for better traction.
Shockies meant for the 1/4 are also a help for getting out of the hole cleaner and quicker....since it sounds like a 1/4 mile car.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

If you're happy to whack one of our stickers on it, I would be happy to do a very good price on a Custom Pre-Programmed Chip. PM me if you would like to discuss.

As the others have suggested, a camshaft (Wade 977b or similar) would be great - cheap mod and shows the students a little bit of the workings of the engine.

Cheers,
Jason

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]