6 throttle body setup 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

mitchg911 wrote:
stockstandard,
big cams and head work will do it alot of justice yes, but with the power some people around here are pushing 170odd rwkw where does the line between a street car and race car begin? the manifold was built to push the limits of NA, if your chasing the most out of an NA setup it will be grumpy and will breathe plenty of air. If there were no point to this sort of setup why do many hi end both street and race cars opt for multiple tb setups?

-mitch

I put the race in '' because I dont mean literally a race car, just not a daily driver. I am not saying there is no point in the manifold, but there is no point in putting one on a 130-150rwkw daily driver. There are a several reasons for this, the main ones being that at these power levels the stock manifold is not a restriction (so minimal gains) and and your going to lose a lot of throttle control.

On a 170rwkw weekender/track car is a whole other story.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

thats a fair comment, at the lower power levels there is probably little benifit. but once you start including a big lft long duration cam, exhaust etc (like you said a 150odd rwkw motor) there begins to be gains to be had. especially when you look into the wave tuning side of things.

as for drivability, ive driven dimas car many times and its easy to drive, lots of torque and its good fun when you get your foot into it.

a multiple throt manifold is not something you would put onto a stock motor. but once that motor isnt so stock an induction system is worth looking at. the 6tb manifold is my (RPD's) solution.

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

rhysy_boi
thats a complicated job.. ill pm you some details..

-mitch

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2