89 EA Falcon 3.9L 6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: 89 EA Falcon 3.9L 6
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 EA

QLD, Australia

Any one know of mods to make to the first 3.9L 6 EA the single point AUTO

i don't want to go as far as turbos or anything just want to get it a bit faster when you plant foot and a bit quicker top end as well

links to were to get parts would be awesome to im looking to spend 1500 to 2000 on it

Does any one know if with the EA going from auto to manual is a simple process better yet can it be done??

I have heard the EB wheels have a different bolt pattern to the EA's any one know of a Falcon with the same one?

Also i cant hear my engine properly the fan is horrible is there any way to shut it up a bit or do i need a new one?

Every now and then ill be going down the highway and go to over take or going sideways around a corner and when the kick down kicks in i hear a sort of a pop and after that when i accelerate there is a quite loud hissing sort of noise like a leaking air hose but after a while it just stops and gos back to normal it is not leaking anything it does not seam to affect the power its just $%^$^ annoying!! :x Any ideas??

Just trying to get all my questions out in one go

any help would be great thanks :)

Post subject: Re: 89 EA Falcon 3.9L 6
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

James Cunnington wrote:
Any one know of mods to make to the first 3.9L 6 EA the single point AUTO

i don't want to go as far as turbos or anything just want to get it a bit faster when you plant foot and a bit quicker top end as well

links to were to get parts would be awesome to im looking to spend 1500 to 2000 on it

Does any one know if with the EA going from auto to manual is a simple process better yet can it be done??

I have heard the EB wheels have a different bolt pattern to the EA's any one know of a Falcon with the same one?

Also i cant hear my engine properly the fan is horrible is there any way to shut it up a bit or do i need a new one?

Every now and then ill be going down the highway and go to over take or going sideways around a corner and when the kick down kicks in i hear a sort of a pop and after that when i accelerate there is a quite loud hissing sort of noise like a leaking air hose but after a while it just stops and gos back to normal it is not leaking anything it does not seam to affect the power its just $%^$^ annoying!! :x Any ideas??

Just trying to get all my questions out in one go

any help would be great thanks :)

1. Extractors and Exhaust free the car up alot, about $1,000 for a good set fitted.
2. the wheel pattern from XD-EL is the same.
3. Manual conversions are probably the best thing you can do to Falcons, they pretty much turn it into a different car. i just did one in my EL, just as an indicator, me and my mate (both novices at this) took 19 hours to convert my car. Cost about $500 or so in parts.
4. EF/EL Thermofan conversion will get rid of that horrible EA fan. Cost about $100 i think.
5. i have no idea about the pop sound. lol
6. Welcome to Fordmods :D

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 89 EA

QLD, Australia

I sit in the car and try to rev it to hear the engine all i get is Fan FAn FANNNN

:P its really quite anoying

Thanks for the welcome :)

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

MPFI- multi point injection. I have an EA that was single point, changing it to mpfi did it a world of good, theres a tutorial in the tech docs. Now I've got a BBM in there which is better again IMO. Manuals on the way too :D But definitlely the biggest difference was going to the mpfi, cheap conversion to do also :wink:

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Popping noise and vacuum hiss could be something silly like a hose split / come off the heater box or something in the cabin. Would explain a pop and a hiss thus --- Drop down and floored gives a lot of suck on the hose and the hiss is air being drawn through a split in hose once the initial POP has opened it.

?????????

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:33 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Popping noise and vacuum hiss could be something silly like a hose split / come off the heater box or something in the cabin. Would explain a pop and a hiss thus --- Drop down and floored gives a lot of suck on the hose and the hiss is air being drawn through a split in hose once the initial POP has opened it.

?????????

are you a drug addict?

my d**k gets hard every time i drive a falcon lol

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Nope. I had a very slight popping noise when accelerating up hills in the morning that turned into a sucking noise when decelerating. I had a vacuum hose malfunctioning behind the dash around the heater box controls. His problem sounded similar, but may not be. It's worth a look if no one else is offering any ideas.

Whilst deciding how to reply to your stunner message, I got bored and thought I shouldn't even bother because you're obviously just a f**k.

Now go f**k off.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]