Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: A Few Tailshaft Q's
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

I have here a V8 Auto LWB Tailshaft laying idle doing nothing

I also have a LTD with a I6. Is the V8 Auto Tailshaft a staright fit into the I6 Auto LTD?

from memory the V8 tailshafts are made from alloy and the V8's were limited at 200km/h (Early E-series) is this true?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

The sedan I6 and V8 shafts are the same so id expct the LWB are as well. Might want to measure the two first to make sure though.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

6 and 8 cylinder sedan tailshafts are the same length thus interchangable.6 and 8 cylinder fairlane and ltd tailshafts are the same length thus interchangable.But the ltd anf fairlane tailshafts are longer than sedan so you cant interchange. I dont think any of the E series falcons were speed limited to 200kph..I know most of the EA to ED dashes go to 200kph.But i have heard that some were speed limitied to 180kph the EA to ED falcons and EF to EL 185kph and i think AU was limited to 195kph.These arent exact limit speeds but very close to them.Hope tha helps.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

KRUPTD wrote:
6 and 8 cylinder sedan tailshafts are the same length thus interchangable.6 and 8 cylinder fairlane and ltd tailshafts are the same length thus interchangable.But the ltd anf fairlane tailshafts are longer than sedan so you cant interchange. I dont think any of the E series falcons were speed limited to 200kph..I know most of the EA to ED dashes go to 200kph.But i have heard that some were speed limitied to 180kph the EA to ED falcons and EF to EL 185kph and i think AU was limited to 195kph.These arent exact limit speeds but very close to them.Hope tha helps.

i remeber reading in my EA-ED factory repair manual that V8's ECUs are limited higher.

I'll see if i can find that quote again

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Post subject: tailshafts?
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon s

QLD, Australia

i have a 5 speed ea falcon and i just bought a xr8 3.27 lsd. however upon inspection i noticed that the xr8 diff has a different tailshaft fitting to my ea diff. which tailshaft will i require. to fit the lsd. and are manual and autos t'shafts the same? thanx

89 ea falcon 'S'pac
3.9l mpfi, 5 speed, 2.9 LSD,
Stage 1 Crow Cam, Adj. Vernier Cam Gear,
XR6 Valve Springs, Heavy Duty Hi RPM Clutch,
Lightened Flywheel, PaceMaker Extractors, 2.5'' mandrell exhaust, K&N Pod Filter in Custom Cold Air Box, Super Low King Springs, Munroe Shocks,

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:52 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

i beleive they changed the way the tailshaft connects to the diff from the EBII onwards... being that before that they were 2 pinion 25 spline rear ends

so either take it to a tail shaft shop.. they can put the correct end on for you.. or you should be able to use any tail shaft from EBII onwards.. (not sure about EF-EL tho)

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon s

QLD, Australia

thax 4 ur info, also wondering do all xr6 xr8 diffs have yellow mark on axle housings , when complete

89 ea falcon 'S'pac
3.9l mpfi, 5 speed, 2.9 LSD,
Stage 1 Crow Cam, Adj. Vernier Cam Gear,
XR6 Valve Springs, Heavy Duty Hi RPM Clutch,
Lightened Flywheel, PaceMaker Extractors, 2.5'' mandrell exhaust, K&N Pod Filter in Custom Cold Air Box, Super Low King Springs, Munroe Shocks,

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

EB up to the BF station wagons and most utes use a flange on the diff opposed to the UJ being fastened by U bolts. This ensures the UJ is centred on the diff as it was when balanced. Im not sure if you mean the yellow dot on the shaft which represents the lighter side after balancing. This lines up with the dot on the diff flange and the transmission output shaft. In the end it zeros the imbalance in the driveline system as much as possible.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]