Accell Cable Dramas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Accell Cable Dramas
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Hi Folks Driving home from parents place 30kms from dubbo i realised when i got into traffic the pedal wasn't "springing" back had a look and the cable near the ball was held on by one wire :shock:

any way got a new from bursons....... WRONG gave me a CFI EA one :evil: changed to a EB on and f**k me the pedal is nice and soft and touchy..... what it should be but the revs are acting wired this is what it is doing....

Idles @ 1500 to 2000 RPM and when done shifting it sounds like your still got ya foot on the pedal when changeing gear....

Could it BE the Idle Speed Controller or the Throttle Postion Sensor

or f**k throttle body butter fly

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I got the same problem in mine. Revs always "hanging" and between gear changes (manual) it revs out, or if i downchange from 3rd to 2nd it lurches forward instead of decelerating..... f**k me off.

Post subject: Re: Accell Cable Dramas
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Hi Folks Driving home from parents place 30kms from dubbo i realised when i got into traffic the pedal wasn't "springing" back had a look and the cable near the ball was held on by one wire :shock:

any way got a new from bursons....... WRONG gave me a CFI EA one :evil: changed to a EB on and f**k me the pedal is nice and soft and touchy..... what it should be but the revs are acting wired this is what it is doing....

Idles @ 1500 to 2000 RPM and when done shifting it sounds like your still got ya foot on the pedal when changeing gear....

you're talking about the throttle cable. now it idles at 1500. you don't think the cable is too tight??

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mr_sperm1 wrote:
Froudey wrote:

you're talking about the throttle cable. now it idles at 1500. you don't think the cable is too tight??

Huh....... If it was tight wouldn't the cable be hard to press.... the cable is sitting fine no dramas revs fine but it idles and doesn't lets the revs drop it gradulary drops very slow

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MKII Futura

VIC, Australia

dirty tb or isc is buggered

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Huh....... If it was tight wouldn't the cable be hard to press.... the cable is sitting fine no dramas revs fine but it idles and doesn't lets the revs drop it gradulary drops very slow

You didn't understand.

It's possible the cable is too short and hence holding the throttle body open (to about these revs) without your foot on the pedal.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Darkr wrote:
Froudey wrote:

You didn't understand.

It's possible the cable is too short and hence holding the throttle body open (to about these revs) without your foot on the pedal.

oh sorry mate no the cable is fine i had a look and i got a feeling that something in the butterfly setup is iffy you can pull and release it by hand and it springs back in place but is just out by a 5mm give or take so on the week end i will pull my air box out and see if i can adjust the screw adjustment thingys (technical term:P) and see how i go......... i do have another EB TB so i will swap them if i can figure it out.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]