Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ADVICE ON WATER DAMAGED VEHICLES
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF- Wagon

QLD, Australia

Hey Guys,

Basically i remember a guy on here had a grey color ba or bf wagon he bought as a flood damaged car and he ended up putting it back on the road.

In the floods up here in QLD my work ute ended up with an inch of water through it. The ute has been driven every day for the last 6 weeks since it happened and there is no issue. However- as it is a 99 model AU Spacecab they just wrote it off and offered the boss a buy out price of $500.

Obviously I jumped at it for that price- AU spacecab ute, under 180k's, black, bench seat, style side with full service history and on factory gas and just had new tires, windscreen and a major service completed on it.

From the information that QLD Transport have given me- it just needs to pass a Safety Inspection and they they will do an inspection themselves to make sure it is fine. and thats it.

I am looking for any feedback that anyone can offer me with a flood damaged car. Even though this has been cleaned out and driven every day since.

It has the factory work ute spec vinyl floor and no carpet so that made it easier when we pulled the seats out to air the ute out and to clean the floor.

Is there anything that I should look to replace on the ute considering that the ware was only an inch deep and didnt get up into the dash or anything??

Cheers in adavance

Post subject: Re: ADVICE ON WATER DAMAGED VEHICLES
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF- Wagon

QLD, Australia

Found the link-

the-garage-f53/au-sportsman-xr-wagon-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t84054.html

If all goes well then hopefully the ute will be on the road again in my name very shortly. As from what i can figure out, it only needs to be cleaned and have a RWC and safety inspection. So thats $500. :)

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Most of the time when the cars are written off.....the acessor has a look in the glove box....got dirty water in it, it's a write-off.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

From the information that QLD Transport have given me- it just needs to pass a Safety Inspection and they they will do an inspection themselves to make sure it is fine. and thats it.

Only needs the safety inspection if it has the blue sticker on it meaning it was written off if its a red one its only good for parts and can never be registered again

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

There is an article in the latest TAT mag telling of why not to buy flood dammaged vehicles at auctions ect.
Basically what you wanna do is open and dry every electrical conecter, relay, ecu ecu and then id spray them with contact cleaner or something.
the main problem, of course, is the wiring. It may not be stuffed yet but if nothings done it will start coroding and things will stop working.
Since it was only and inch above the sil id probably buy it aswell.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]