Fordmods Logo

Ahh no intake lol!! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

The leads are in thier right places etc, but they are loose, so the contact between the plugs and the leads is minimal. Would this be a reason why its backfiring? :?

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Any ignition problems are gonna cause problems for LPG, it needs a stronger spark then Petrol. Does it still run alright on petrol? My coil slowly went in the Fairmont and it was backfiring on gas well before it started running s**t on petrol.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

ghiaman wrote:
For back firing you might have fitted a lead up wrong.
By the look at the attemps of intakes it might have been better to get one of the XR8 dismantler when he had some for sale.

ghiaman

Nah, my current one (not pictured) has come out pretty decent, and for $165.00 less. Only difference really is that I'm using on peice of the original EL intake were FTG's have a mandrell bent. I'll put up a picture sometime.

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Any ignition problems are gonna cause problems for LPG, it needs a stronger spark then Petrol. Does it still run alright on petrol? My coil slowly went in the Fairmont and it was backfiring on gas well before it started running s**t on petrol.

Okay well then im gonna see if the LPG specalist can change over my leads, as im guessing this is the main problem why it is backfiring for. And yeah hopefully my Plugs wont need replacing again :roll:

Cheers

Btw the car runs okay on petrol, but not fantasic.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Okay ive just taken the car to the LPG specalist AND well ive got a bit of work to do on the car.

Not sure on Price of it all but my guesstimates are $300.

Okay i need a new Intake, as i have blown the pipe and right near the TB just found out that theirs a big fkn hole thier! :shock:

New leads as just also found out that the Eagle F1 spiral cores i have, are starting to turn white due to over heating etc.. :( And the leads are getting cleaned up too, getting a nice lead seperator kit put on it so it looks all shmick!

And then new fuel filter. Possibly some other stuff too :roll:

Sad thing is its not getting fixed till the end of the month :(

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Why did the old leads over heat (arn't they fairly new aswell)? No point in fitting new leads just so the same happens to them straight away. A set of leads should last you 60,000kms.

Attachments:
File comment: Current set up - need to bell the one end of the short metal pipe to size of rubber peice.
version4.JPG
version4.JPG [ 599.81 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah well thats what i thought originally but i saw it with my own eyes the leads (just where it sits on top of the rocker cover) has started to turn white. :shock:

Caused by sparking or something (you can see it happen at night apparently) but yeah i definately need new ones. also the leads i have now are in a hell of a mess as well thats why im getting the lead seperator kit for them... they are just like little clips that keep the leads all neat and tidy etc.

So yeah once that has been done plus the new intake im pretty darn sure the backfiring problem will be no more. PLUS the car is gonna run alot better.

The guy i took it too specializes in TOP GUN sprial core leads too. he has a HEAP of sweet custom fords and Mustangs in his workshop too most of em all have big fatass Top Guns leads on them. So im not doubting his motive to use them on my XR6, he obviously knows what hes doing which is good to know lol :roll:

Also he suggested i go down a size too insted of having 9mm he suggested just getting 8mm :( hmm wonder if i should tell him i want 10mm.. (just for looks) :roll: so sad.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2