Fordmods Logo

air con dramas... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: air con dramas...
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Futura

NSW, Australia

ok i have the day off work and i am hoping to fix this problem which i am hoping is only minor..
had my a/c regassed the other day in my ed classic.. it is nice and cold but only works on full boost.. also if you leave it on full boost with the a/c button on and turn off the ignition the fan keeps running. now if i turn of the a/c button the fan stops. but if i turn off the fan the a/c light stays on. if i leave the ignition off and turn the fan back on it does nothing like it should.
so basically i want to figure out why the thing works when the ignition is off and why it only works on full boost..
now i have replaced the relay under the dash, i have replaced the fan motor behind the glovebox and checked all the wires and they all seem fine.
the only thing i can think of is i removed the ac controls to try and fit an ed ghia climate control box a month or so back.. i pulled out the ac controls decided it wouldnt just change over and put it back.. but i hadnt used the thing before then so i dont know if it was doing it or not before hand but maybe just maybe i caused it myself..
any ideas?

Post subject: Re: air con dramas...
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

are all the wires connected correctly? have you tried another climate control unit, same as what you have?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]