Fordmods Logo

air con not working! 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

NSW, Australia

Ben,
When you were up here I should have shown you what I had on Hy-chill, the links in garsiph's earlier posts cover it.
I've moved the wreck into position to strip it, just waiting on the weather to clear. I've removed or loosened much of the interior in the 'mont but I'll pull the engine, box, rad, condensor, front panels, dryer etc in the GLI before I remove the dash and get at the aircon unit, tx valve, wiring and such. It seems simpler to transfer EVERYTHING from the 'mont. into an [almost] empty shell. Gives me a chance to clean and check a lot of things, pretty much plan to keep only the engine, LSD, ecu and S/lock module. The wiring I keep depends on how that blasted alarm is integrated into the 'Monts looms.
As I'm also transplanting the younger g'box, I'll find it easier fitting it outside the car and sliding it into place before refitting the condensor, rad. support panel etc to the GLI.
As suggested, I'll fit a new receiver/dryer even though ours is only 3 yrs old, I think they're under $27 and I'll be sealing the units as I remove them. If I can ever get to it, I'll see if I can make my old aircon fit into the FJ75 Landcruiser.
I've downloaded a tech doc on replacing the aircon system and garsiph's advice has added to that a lot.
I've got tomorrow to finish clearing the work area and then get to it as we need the car for Xmas hols.
I still have to correct the pinion angle problem and it seems I'm up for a set of ELXR6 arms, we'll see.
Thanks Snap and Garsiph for your advice, BTW Snap it's now an EB2 to EB2 transplant, the ED was SNAFU, all explained here.
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/eb2-or-e ... 58091.html
Cheers,
Paul

What goes around, comes around.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:40 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Remember. Seal all Aircond Pipes. When exposed to air they tend to corrode fast.
Plus once sealed air stays out and the old gas stays in there. and if you ever need a new part ya got one.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

NSW, Australia

OK, mate will be as careful as I can.
Mac

What goes around, comes around.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3