Fordmods Logo

air induction for ba xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: air induction for ba xr6
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

looking at replacing all piping from manifold to air filter, wanting to go stainless, ummm wondering if the piping should be the same size as the manifold the whole way through or can it be abit larger.... would i lose any pressure making it larger????, umm also was thinking having another stainless pipe welded to the one coming from the manifold goin over the engine sitting down near the alternator to a pod filter so its dual air intake, is that over doing it in anyway, am i going to loose any power by having two or should i just stick with the one???

suggestions on the topic anyone???

cheers

Post subject: Re: air induction for ba xr6
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

bruteute wrote:
looking at replacing all piping from manifold to air filter, wanting to go stainless, ummm wondering if the piping should be the same size as the manifold the whole way through or can it be abit larger.... would i lose any pressure making it larger????, umm also was thinking having another stainless pipe welded to the one coming from the manifold goin over the engine sitting down near the alternator to a pod filter so its dual air intake, is that over doing it in anyway, am i going to loose any power by having two or should i just stick with the one???

suggestions on the topic anyone???

cheers

go to fordforums.com.au and go to the bseries forum and look under troppo's air induction guide.

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

cheers mate thats everything i needed, also im thinking of cutting a hole in the piping coming from the manifold running another pipe over the engine bay down near the alternator with a pod filter on the end, but i have also seen alot of fords with the air box taken out, pod filter sitting behind the headlight with headsheilding around it, can someone enlighten me on which would be the better option.

cheeeeeers

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

keep the air intake on the cool side of the engine.

there isnt much to be gained in the B series intake, it already flows well enough for any NA application, just put in a new panel filter and XR6T snorkel... and it wont be a restriction

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]