Fordmods Logo

Air induction, from ED to EF. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Air induction, from ED to EF.
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1993 Ford Falcon ED

QLD, Australia

Hey guys, i'm 20 years old and i've only had my beloved ED for a few months. Obviously with the laws up in QLD i can't put alot of power into mine (nor do i really want to put alot into it) so i'm exploring smaller, cheaper and more economical options. Alot of people have been telling me that i can swap the stock air box and pipe out with the larger one on the EF-EL series. Is it as straight forward as pulling one off and putting the other on? And also would it do much in the way of performance, tho i'm more concerned with fuel economy.

Post subject: Re: Air induction, from ED to EF.
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Benny_The FPV ED wrote:
Hey guys, i'm 20 years old and i've only had my beloved ED for a few months. Obviously with the laws up in QLD i can't put alot of power into mine (nor do i really want to put alot into it) so i'm exploring smaller, cheaper and more economical options. Alot of people have been telling me that i can swap the stock air box and pipe out with the larger one on the EF-EL series. Is it as straight forward as pulling one off and putting the other on? And also would it do much in the way of performance, tho i'm more concerned with fuel economy.

Different pipe work

EA or EB 3.9 is larger piping from the throttle bodie.

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/3-9l-4-0l-inline-6-modification-guide-t66.html

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/about-the-different-ford-6-s-and-engine-retrofit-information-t31883.html

ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/click-here-it-has-the-answers-to-all-your-6-cyl-questions-t33978.html

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Benny_The FPV ED wrote:

ED used Log Manifold and EF/EL uses BBM, pipe work totaly different. Try and get an intake snorkel from an XG Ute or Van

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Ford Falcon XG

VIC, Australia

XH ute or van would be best

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]