Fordmods Logo

Airbox pipe behind headlight? Any good? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Airbox pipe behind headlight? Any good?
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

Ok so i was walkin around the wreckers with my mate and i randomly found this square piece of plastic that can easily be fitted behind my ba headlight & customize my airbox down below..Its about the size of ur fist clenched and can directly have airflow from behind the headlight to the airbox. How good would this work?..Same idea as the typhoon airbox setups ..

Post subject: Re: Airbox pipe behind headlight? Any good?
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

AussieXR6Grunt wrote:
Ok so i was walkin around the wreckers with my mate and i randomly found this square piece of plastic that can easily be fitted behind my ba headlight & customize my airbox down below..Its about the size of ur fist clenched and can directly have airflow from behind the headlight to the airbox. How good would this work?..Same idea as the typhoon airbox setups ..

will give you a small gain, yep the typhoon air boxes do this and you can fit an air box from a typhoon to your car easily enough too

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: Airbox pipe behind headlight? Any good?
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
AussieXR6Grunt wrote:

will give you a small gain, yep the typhoon air boxes do this and you can fit an air box from a typhoon to your car easily enough too

They charge an arm and a leg... Cut the box & fitted the piece then ran some silicon around the piece to stop air escaping, Goes back on tomorow..should make the car smoother response

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]