Fordmods Logo

almost overheated......?!? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

The temp gauge will still measure 3/4 to hot when there is no coolant circulation, just deal with it buddy.

Your trying to do reverse psychology on yourself coming up with all this thermocouple stuff. So you don't feel bad about cooking your engine. Heaps of people in e-series falcons have warped/cracked their alloy heads this way.

cheers.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: tickford el xr6

SA, Australia

my car is fine though, there is no problems with it, it didnt cook, thats why i am confused as to why it was sizzling and stayed on medium temp etc... and btw that was the most stupid reply i have seen in a thread :P "thermocouple stuff" you noob... so sad, im not anyones buddy who says stupid s**t like that :D please dont talk to me as i have no time for ppl that try to make themselves look like they know what they are talking about, either you do or you dont, in your case you dont :P thanks
falc94 - atleast there were some brews involved hehe

EL XR6 5spd - 165rwkw

-"Game... NOT OVER!"

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford666 wrote:
my car is fine though, there is no problems with it, it didnt cook, thats why i am confused as to why it was sizzling and stayed on medium temp etc... and btw that was the most stupid reply i have seen in a thread :P "thermocouple stuff" you noob... so sad, im not anyones buddy who says stupid s**t like that :D please dont talk to me as i have no time for ppl that try to make themselves look like they know what they are talking about, either you do or you dont, in your case you dont :P thanks
falc94 - atleast there were some brews involved hehe

I am still right about the temp gauge reading, you are so WRONG it's funny.

BTW your the noob... fancy thinking the temp gauge will flick to zero when there is no coolant flow around the thermocouple temp sensor while driving. lol.. lol.. lol...lol..

Also from your picture gallery, I don't think it was a very smart idea spray painting your coolant reservoir tank black. Makes it a little bit difficult to quickly pop the bonnet on the side of the road and check the coolant level!!!!

cheers..

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

in my el i have a heavy duty radiator and my temp sits spot on all the time, but if i travel for about an hour or more especially on highway use i have to let it idle for a few mins otherwise i loose coolant out the overflow

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:42 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
BTW your the noob... fancy thinking the temp gauge will flick to zero when there is no coolant flow around the thermocouple temp sensor while driving. lol.. lol.. lol...lol..

Also from your picture gallery, I don't think it was a very smart idea spray painting your coolant reservoir tank black. Makes it a little bit difficult to quickly pop the bonnet on the side of the road and check the coolant level!!!!

cheers..

its not black the whole way around, and 2 ppl on here that know lots about thermocouples have come to the same conclusion, then there is ppl like bruce that build and race saloon ford 6's that says it will go to near zero on the cluster if there was "no water what so ever" in the car... so go do some homework and stop wasting my time and wasting a reply in a thread.
lol.. lol.. lol.. lol..
f**k!n !d!ot
cheers..

EL XR6 5spd - 165rwkw

-"Game... NOT OVER!"

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford666 wrote:
EL__Fairmont wrote:

cheers..

its not black the whole way around, and 2 ppl on here that know lots about thermocouples have come to the same conclusion, then there is ppl like bruce that build and race saloon ford 6's that says it will go to near zero on the cluster if there was "no water what so ever" in the car... so go do some homework and stop wasting my time and wasting a reply in a thread.
lol.. lol.. lol.. lol..
f**k!n !d!ot
cheers..

tickford666, you are still completely wrong about the temperature gauge.

If driving an e-series falcon down the road and all your coolant flows out( split hose, radiator side tank etc) The temperature gauge will rise to about 3/4 to hot, then stay around that mark. If you have a high series falcon then you should have a low coolant float switch in the reservoir tank and it will show up as a red light on the dash(symbol is a square with a fan shape inside it).. This is the correct information that fordmod members need to read, not all your crap.

Let's just say someone has read your garbage and watched their temp gauge go up abit while cruisin. In the back of their mind they are thinking that the engine does have a suspect heater pipe or radiator side tank but i will keep driving because you (tickford666) have told them that if there is no coolant circulation around the temperature thermocouple, then the temp gauge should fall to zero deflection(cold on the gauge).

I am just saving other people some hard earnt money so they don't go down the same track and overheat their cars engine. that's all!!!

BTW tickford666 in a couple of weeks you will need a new head gasket and probably a new alloy head. That sizzling sound you heard is the engine being cooked. Did you know alloy can expand up too 2 times faster than cast iron under excessive heat. This is called bimetal stress and occurs with alloy heads and cast iron blocks. If the head gasket can't handle this expansion and rubbing between the block and head, your head gasket will start too leak.

cheers............

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

oh good god, you have completely took this out of text, i am not telling ppl to keep driving unless it goes to cold, infact the reason i started the thread was that if the temp goes high do a check, all i have been saying is that if there is absolutely no water it will "technically" not register a temp, and if it does leak in the near future then oh well, my silly fault for not predicting the heater hose to blow, honestly though who cares, you are just being a clown now and there is no need for it, i have not put false info forward, i have stated how a thermocouple works and what it would do in certain situations and i have put forward facts that have come out of some vip's mouth when it comes to fords..... no offence but i kinda value someone that builds ford engines for a living advice than yours.....
-but seriously ive had enough of arguing, its stupid, put your effort into something constructive, just check the temp on a hot day people, thats all

EL XR6 5spd - 165rwkw

-"Game... NOT OVER!"

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3