Fordmods Logo

Alot Of Smoke From EBII 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Alot Of Smoke From EBII
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Hey guys i have a 1993 EB and over the past couple of days the first few minutes i drive my Falcon there is a bit of smoke coming from the back even if it isnt that cold out side. Anyway today i degreased my car and took the heatshield of and the manifold got wet, then i realised on the rocker cover there is a hole and im not sure if it goes through or if its covered on the inside. Anyway i fired my car up and the water dissapeared off the headers and then i felt the engine was idling rough as there was the occasional misbeat where it sounded odd and the engine like jumped (not literally) then i revved it hard and then my car port filled with smoke and i was like this was odd, then i checked the oil level and it had gone done since a few days ago when i changed the oil and the oil filter. If water got into the oil could it cause this? Should i be worried? (Also i am getting new extractors and exhaust next week)

Any help is greatly appreciated

P.S Image
By peaandham, shot with VPC-S500 at 2009-03-31
This is my rocker cover,m you can see where the bolts go then there is that lone some hole not sure if it is covered on the inside or not and if not that should mean theres water in my oil !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Post subject: Re: Alot Of Smoke From EBII
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Edit: Now it looks like water is coming out of the exhaust but i still lost a bit of oil so i presume do i just run all the water out then top up the oil when its all out?

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

If water is running out the exhaust and you are losing oil that is not a good sign. Is the oil milky? If it is, chances are water is mixed with the oil, from either the pressure washing or a leaking headgasket. Was the car hot when you washed the engine down? If it is, chances are you warped the head.....

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1993 eb xr6 falcon

VIC, Australia

that hole is for the cfi set up. Its a bolt hole for the air cleaner on the carbie the older eas went all the way through the rocker cover the later ones finish just short just check if yours gos all the way through. :)

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1993 eb xr6 falcon

VIC, Australia

shouldnt go the whole way since its eb2 :)

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

eb xr6 falcon wrote:
that hole is for the cfi set up. Its a bolt hole for the air cleaner on the carbie the older eas went all the way through the rocker cover the later ones finish just short just check if yours gos all the way through. :)

Lol at Carby on a CFI (Centrepoint Fuel Injected) EA

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Ill check on the weekend, only time i have free if it goes all the way through, i have washed the engine down before and i havent had this issue. I do not think its the head or headgasket but if any updates i will post them here

but please keep the suggestions coming !

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:31 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

the running badly happens with me too. its only if i get the coil and leads wet and it goes away once everything has warmed up and dried out. and the smoke i get the same thing in the morning. i have only seen it since i fitted my extractors and sports exhaust. but it seems to be steam rather than smoke. then it goes away when i rev it up head and blow a bucket of water out the back.

can you see a slick on the oil cap? that's another way of seeing if there is water in the oil or look for a slick on the water.. u might already know that tho.

hope it helps in some way

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]