Fordmods Logo

Alternator Troubles! Please Help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Alternator Troubles! Please Help
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon EB II

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, just replaced the alternator belt on the EB II and it squeels like a pig, tryed adujusting the alternator, although i think the thread is stuffed on the alternator adjuster, i took it too my family mec and he put a bolt in to stop the alternator from comming back to far i had to place some loc tight on the water pump pully bolts as they somehow worked themselves loose which after i tightened them as hard as i could it slipped the belt off when i just rolled into my court.

And earlier this evening i was at a pub droping off my mates missus and tryed starting the car but the battery was dead, got a jump start off the old lady and started driving home and the lights grew dim and then not long after that the car stalled, requiring another jump. Another 5 or 6 km after that and it did it again requiring yet another jump i got it home finaly and almost burned it to the ground out of frustration, now would it be the alt is not charging at all, or is the alt compleatly stuffed? im guessing the battery would have coped a thrashing aswell?

Oh and the "Check ABS" light came on and stayed on too as did the battery light and the cd player turned off randomly and then started seconds later. If any of this helps could some one please tell me what is going on as i am at whits end with my falcon and am seriously considering buying a VS Statesmen Series 2.

Thanks for any advise.

-Nick

• F*** McDonalds... I'll make you go Mmmmmm...
• F*** SubWay... I'll give you a foot long

Proud owner of the 18233rd EB Falcon

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

sounds more like your earths rather than the belt. Check em all then give the battery overnight on the charger and check the output of the alternatoe. Should be at least 13.5 volts
Hope this helps!!!

Bundy up! ( I have been!! :twisted: )

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Well if the belt is continually squealing then the alternator may have a siezed bearing, ot be stuffing up somehow else. Definately do a voltage check,

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon EB II

VIC, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
Well if the belt is continually squealing then the alternator may have a siezed bearing, ot be stuffing up somehow else. Definately do a voltage check,

Bearing is fine its the alt belt slipping like crazy, oh and because the alt isnt charging the batter i now have to buy a new battery as there was no water in there what so ever so im guessing the plates would be cactus?

Also can anybody recomend a higer yet suitable Amperage alternator as im going to have to buy a new one soon as the adjuster bold thread inside the alternator is screwed i was thinking of getting a bosh alternator pat number = BXF1257 which is 14V 85A. Is this the right rated alternator? is not could some one pleae give me the proper part number?

-Nick

• F*** McDonalds... I'll make you go Mmmmmm...
• F*** SubWay... I'll give you a foot long

Proud owner of the 18233rd EB Falcon

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]