Fordmods Logo

aluminium timing gear wheels 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

the centre piece could be made from aluminum, but may require a steel bush to go on the end of the crank. Other that that, the teeth would have to be something nice and hard, preferably tempered steel or the like. And these sort of cam gears are more likely to be seen on a rice car because they can be seen from under the bonnet!

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Bozz wrote:
You're suggesting that motors such as Nissan's RB, CA and SR series, Toyota's 1J, 2J and 1UZ and many, many other motors are rice? Are you implying the Ford motors are better built or more powerful or better economy or easier to work on or better upgrade potential or better out of the factory or what? Do you know why some manufacturers use belts instead of chains? That sir, was a clueless and pathetic comment.

Whoa, calm down there mate. No need to get yoiur panties in a knot.

I only used the term because that is what it had already been referred to as in the origional post, and I didnt want to get into the whole import vs rice thing again. I have a lot of respect for jap imports. Spent a lot of time behind the wheel of a R33 GTS-T and have nothing but respect for there speed and handling.

No worries then. It just s**t me when people suggest such blanket statements that couldn't be further from the truth.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

Coming in late here - just to comment that the original poster is obviously talking about the accessory drive pulleys, not the cam gear per se` - he wants that shiney "tech gizmo" look when the bonnet is lifted.

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

The accessory pulleys are usually not toothed unless they are driving a supercarger or the like. You could just take your old pulleys to a machine shop and get them made in alloy and anodised t you r friendly electroplating shop. Alloy would be fine. I myself could probably make a set in under a day, and I am not a tradesman.
Alloy pulleys are fine for timing drives if they are running belts. Chains would rip the sh*t out of alloy pulleys in no time.

I hate Hyundais.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FPV BF MKII F6

QLD, Australia

yeah im basically aftera bit of bling for under the bonnet... thats all

OBS35N is gooonnnneeee.
Gone for good..... Damn fence posts!!!!!

OBS35N #2 (XXF6XX) just bought, bring it on

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2