Fordmods Logo

anybody got eb or ed 4.0lt in their ea to replace cfi 3.9 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: anybody got eb or ed 4.0lt in their ea to replace cfi 3.9
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

does the manifold wiring of the 4.0lt mpfi simply plug into the wiring from the ecu or are cfi and mpfi wiring from ecu to engine bay different?

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

hey dude, i got the 4ltr out of a eb or ed into my EA SII but mine was allready mpfi so i wouldnt know!

Sorry i cant help you out mate!

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

You can't use the CPI loom, as MPFI has a loom for injectors, TPS, ISC, and other stuff. You will need to get the loom for it, and also the ECU. Also you'll need yo change your fuel pump, as the CPI one is no good for MPFI (not with mine anyway). The MPFI fuel pump will go straight in, try and get one from an EL,whole cradle.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i know that you cant use the manifold loom i want to know if the mpfi manifold loom will plug into the loom that goes to the ecu!i have the manifold and loom and want to know if they will plug into my cfi engine bay plugs... any help?

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

Try looking here:

http://www.ford-tech.com/articles.php?articleId=46

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

what about me with the 3.9 mpfi if i was to change to the 4.0 ould i need to change anything over?

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

madeaspack wrote:
i know that you cant use the manifold loom i want to know if the mpfi manifold loom will plug into the loom that goes to the ecu!i have the manifold and loom and want to know if they will plug into my cfi engine bay plugs... any help?

It will plug straight in but the wires will need to be re-arranged for the different pin layouts. Also you will need to extent the grey and white wire on you cpi's indle motor up to the ecu side of the injector harness plug and alight it with the grey white wire on the mpi manifold loom, if that makes any sense. The plug going to the gearbox also need to be altered but i cant remember what i did to it, its all writen in that article on ford-tech. Hope that hlps some

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Troy wrote:
what about me with the 3.9 mpfi if i was to change to the 4.0 ould i need to change anything over?

Nope, should all swap over nicely.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

bogan393 wrote:
Troy wrote:

Depends by what you mean in swap, complete 4.0L motor (up to ED), the throttle body has a different plug for the TPS and some others are slightly different, no big deal, but be aware.

If you mean just motor and you will put your manifolds etc on the engine then not a problem at all, you could put an AU motor in if you like. (Au motor requires a few mods, like grinding of sump for a start)

Full working BA Shifter now upgraded to BF Shifter.
BA headlight inserts in my EA headlights.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

a complete 4.0 motor like an el ef.... is wut id want...tho au would be nice to costly tho. i dont think id bother with the ed i dont think it would be worth it

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

im putting complete eb engine in including manifold

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dellboy999 wrote:
bogan393 wrote:
Troy wrote:

Depends by what you mean in swap, complete 4.0L motor (up to ED), the throttle body has a different plug for the TPS and some others are slightly different, no big deal, but be aware.

If you mean just motor and you will put your manifolds etc on the engine then not a problem at all, you could put an AU motor in if you like. (Au motor requires a few mods, like grinding of sump for a start)

Also to run the manifold off ef or newer you will need a el ecu which requires smartlock to sun, which im guessing your ea doesnt have.

Rides:

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2005 Hi-Ace

VIC, Australia

Ive got a series 2 EA GL which has an EB 4.0L in it. i have recently converted it to MPFI also. as the others have said the motor it self will bolt straight in. to convert to multipoint use the EB manifold and throttle body and use a Series 2 EA MPFI manifold loom join the 2 EA TPS plugs into one ED TPS. the ED multipoint looms have different pinouts to the EA so its easier to use an EA loom.

2005 Toyota Hi-Ace aka ICE CUBE

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so if i use an ae multipoint loom it will all just plug in?and can you please explain about the ed tps???

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]