Fordmods Logo

Anybody With A Max Ellery Repair Manual For an EL Falcon? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Anybody With A Max Ellery Repair Manual For an EL Falcon?
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Chasing someone with the above book who will photocopy me one page out of it...

Retrofitting EL engine bay fuses into my ED, I bought the ED book and have the wiring digrams for the fusable links... Just need some more info on where a couple of EL fuses go...

Anyone who can photocopy any relevant pages for me out of this book (same author will be easy to overlap the drawings, so Max Ellery books please?)

So just the picture showing all the power stuff and those engine bay fuses showing where they go...

Thanks,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Post subject: Re: Anybody With A Max Ellery Repair Manual For an EL Falcon?
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DC LTD V8

VIC, Australia

got the book, no scanner.

any specifics i can help you with?

DC LTD V8 pure style

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

There is 7 fuses... One is a "main" fuse between the charging lead on the alternator rated at 100amps...

Now the alternator side of the main fuse is connected to the following fuses: Eng, Batt, Ign... Now if you can explain where the other side of these fuses connect to in relation to the car that would be ideal...

Also, some miscellaneous fuses... Assuming "fan" is for electric thermo fans? Also the power into this fuse comes from somwhere out of the engine loom? Its not connected to the alternator (looking at the wiring)?

I also have a fuse which isn't used titled "alb"??? no idea what the hell this is...

and "Hego" Again two wires out of the loom from somewhere else in the car? Surely not for the hego sensor though? I am unaware of a fuse anywhere in the ED for the hego?

If you can clear that up it'd be great...

Thanks,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Now if you can explain where the other side of these fuses connect to in relation to the car that would be ideal...

This is the trick with fitting an EL fusible link block to an ED Falcon. The fusible links in the ED were different in there rating and each link had different circuits connected to each when compared to the EL. I think the ED had 4 Black fusible link wires, 1 red and 1 green. The black links are 1.25mm squared, red 0.85 mm squared and green 0.5mm squared. Here is a link to a fusible link description. http://www.b2600turbo.com/truck_fuselinks.htm

Then you have to compare the ed circuit with the EL circuit. I have included part of an EF (EL almost identical) circuit in this post. The ALB is anti lock brakes (abs)

Attachments:
EF-Fusible link.jpg
EF-Fusible link.jpg [ 39.05 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I think 2 of the black link wires went to a plug and then to the back of the alternator (EA-ED). This would be about right as each link can handle about 40 Amps and X 2 =80 Amps. I think the ED alt was about 80 Amps. Also the large white wire that comes from the alternator on the EF/EL connects to the 100amp fusible link and the other side of that link goes to the battery (large white wire). That link is also connected to other links in that block.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

alfy... yeah thats all right from what i've discovered...

Can I get more of the picture that scanned... As in where the hell do those hego wires go? and where is the fan fuse powered from (it doesn't come off the 100amp main fuse)?

Thanks,
Tim

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

The Hego is connected to the ignition switch via the 60 Amp ign fusible link.
PM Sent. It will list more of what you want.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]