Fordmods Logo

Anyone know anything about XR6T's? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Anyone know anything about XR6T's?
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

My half brother owns one as of a few months ago, and he's been ringing me lots to get him prices on stuff for it and that. Now he's an adgy living on base up in Amberly so doesn't have access to the net.
Now anyways, weve pretty much decided which exhuast (custom one made up), intercooler (Hybrid) and valve springs (Nizpro) to go with. And the flash tuner to run it. Also he's ordered in the Redline oil for the T5. Just got prices on some plenium chambers, otherwise he's founda bloke up there that makes custom ones for some of the imports and will have a chat to him later.
Were now looking for a high flow fuel pump to suit and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, how do I know what suits? From what he's read seems Bosch 440cc 968 will be the go for the injectors. Now if I can get part numbers or models for anything by Rocket Industries or Bosch that'd be great as we can get there cheap...

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

O, and I know about that XR6Turbo specific site, but I spent a few days on there a while ago and found that most of them still had stocko cars and were just opinions based on what they'd buy, or that they had just got a kit and had someone else do it...

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dunno alot about xr6 turbo as im a young chap.. but all i know and no one will disagree.. is they go hard.......... with standard 6.... ba/bf isnt to fast but with turbo.. it steps up a few notches. SOMETHING PEOPLE KNOW REALLY.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

rather than rising rate fuel reg, better off upgrading the fuel pump, or chucking a second one in.. thats pretty much what most people are doing.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Pretty sure the XR6t comes with a good sized turbs from the factory so no need to upgrade that
i think what most people are doing is to make figures on the XR6t is upgrade fueling systems and a few other things

fuel pump
injectors
cooler
springs
plenum
edit (tune)
exhaust (obviously)
dump pipe
cooler piping
fuel reg

go to the nizpro site, all their upgrades are mentioned on there

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mine dead stock so I cant speak from experience, but this is what I know after alot of research and asking around with those who know and have done the mods/got the results...

What poeple are doing is in this order
CAI ( SS or typhoon ) and a good filter, BMC or K&N, expect a few kws from this
Edit on stock set up brings boost up to 10 or so psi and gains around 50kw@w and brings injectors close to max duty cycle. ( 230 to 250wkws )
Larger injectors are usually the next mod but must be done with a new tune on the Edit Expect another 30 or so kws.
Valve springs should be upgraded ( depending on age ) as they bind up due to the increased boost. Chuck in a Walbro intank pump at this stage too. ( no need for multiple pumps )
Larger FMIC, Hybrid kit or the cheaper but effective Autotechnica kit ( or APS and the other overpriced kits ) another 30 odd kws.
Theres close to 300kw@w already from minor mods, do up an exhaust from turbo back with BIG flowing CAT and a new tune on the Edit and your looking at low to mid 300kws and all day 12s.

If its a mk1 BA expect the T5 to die with over 300kw@w in due time and the clutch will die with less power.

If I didnt have a waranty to lose I would do the Edit,injectors,pump, valve springs and FMIC tomorow and enjoy a quiet, tame car that will eat 99% of cars you will come accross.

These cars are f**k awesome.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:
rather than rising rate fuel reg, better off upgrading the fuel pump, or chucking a second one in.. thats pretty much what most people are doing.

We were told to fit a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, aswell as a higher flowing fuel pump and higher capacity injectors.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

KTASTRPHE wrote:

We were told to fit a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, aswell as a higher flowing fuel pump and higher capacity injectors.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

As I said the CAI (SSS) and high flow filter (K&N)is already done. Already removed the second muffler from the exhaust too. Plan to ad the under headlight 2ND CAI soon to
Nizpro Valve springs will be done shortly.
Likewise with Hybrid intercooler kit and plenum chamber will be done sometime. Aswell as the factory exhaust removing and either an off the shelf setup from a shop or get a local decent shop to make one up.
After that it will actually be taken to somebody who knows something to have the flash tune done, but we are going to supply our own fuel set up, so when it goes there and they do the flash tune, the pump and injectors and reg will be installed at the same time.
Now what I'm having trouble finding is what model pump, injectors and reg to use? Everything else we know exactly what we want to use, what brand what model, we got that bit planned. Problem is we got no idea about the fuel setup!

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

CHEF wrote:
Larger FMIC, Hybrid kit or the cheaper but effective Autotechnica kit ( or APS and the other overpriced kits ) another 30 odd kws.
Theres close to 300kw@w already from minor mods, do up an exhaust from turbo back with BIG flowing CAT and a new tune on the Edit and your looking at low to mid 300kws and all day 12s.

If its a mk1 BA expect the T5 to die with over 300kw@w in due time and the clutch will die with less power.

If I didnt have a waranty to lose I would do the Edit,injectors,pump, valve springs and FMIC tomorow and enjoy a quiet, tame car that will eat 99% of cars you will come accross.

These cars are f**k awesome.

Do Autotechnica do a decent FMI set up? If so that is awsome as I can order there stuff in cheap through work, so I'll investigate that as an alternative to the Hybrid kit from Flyn performance.

Were preferably after fuel system products from either Rocket Industries or Bosch as can get them cheap through work.

Warrenty isn't a concern it's almost up and the cars already had some minor playing.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah the Autotechnica kit is like $500 or so, its just a bolt up IC to go with the stock piping... sounds like your wanting better piping so maybe the Hybrid kit is a better one for you.

Post up a few Qs about the fuel system on fordxr6turbo.com, theres a few cluey guys there with over 300wkws. Or try fordxr.com, but its a slow moving site

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ah, I see you have posted there... give it some time

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

yeah we definately want better piping too. as the plan is with the hybrid kit should replace all the piping from turbo to intercooler to throttle body. then when the plenum chamber is done with one with a throttle body right on the front, will have to redo that pipe with a cutom one. and then we havn't decided what to do about the air intake, basically would prefer to have it on the other side to reduce the piping length, have spoken to APS who in one of there Phase kits do a left hand air box and pod and relocate the battery to the passenger side, but they won't sell outside of the kit, so probably end up a custom job, maybe battery in boot instead.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Yeah
have a look at APS web site and see if you can grab the info of what they use on there kits

Nicko

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

Once you start to get to the flash tuner stage you/he will definately want to upgrade the clutch too - you wont get much more than 200-220rwkw without slippage

Im getting 270rwkw at present with injectors, second fuel pump, clutch, waste gate actuator, CAI and unichimp - havent touched valve springs yet, but my cars under warranty for nearly 3 years, so I just have to wait for them to die (all the mods are covered by warranty at ford).

The Evil Strawberry

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next