Fordmods Logo

ARE EXTRACTORS WORTH IT? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: ARE EXTRACTORS WORTH IT?
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Even though the stock manifold belongs on a tractor don't expect an a*** improvement from getting headers on an unmodified engine; when driving you will feel the difference, but powerwise don't expect much over the 10rwkw for a full system unless yours is old, blocked and s**t in the first place.

If you intend on further modifying the engine (even as basic as changing cam) then go for it though.

edit: as said in an earlier post, you will notice more from changing the diff ratio.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:20 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

the stock manifold doesnt even deserve to be on a tractor the ones one our tractors are a hell of a lot better design than the ford one
i do agree with you though there probably not worth it unless you plan on doing some engine mods eg headwork, cam

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I bought my Genie extractors out of the quokka for $150 and I got a big thermo fan thrown in.

Made a hell of a difference, both in power when I want it, and economy when I drive reasonably.

Well worth it mate.

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Id only install extractors and exhaust if i get better fuel economy and more power. If it gets more power and drinks more fuel then i wouldnt as how much extra hp is it gona make you go wow thats awsome???

Each to there own but have a good think about it and why you want them for

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah personally I've got a 2.5" mandrel system with high flow cat and extractors, and was stoked with the fuel economy I'm gaining roughly 2l per 100k off my old system.
Initially it was quite annoying being so loud, but better muffler and a resi on it etc. and it's bareable, although still a little loud I don't mind it to much now, then again if i could get fuel economy with stock noise level i probably would though.

Although I can't tell you extractors on there own as i did it together.
Power increase, haven't noticed, but hell my cars lucky to see 3000 when I'm giving it some, otherwise it's lucky to go mid 2s.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I think stock noise can be done or just over with a nice note to it but wont be off the shelf item like reback.

I would imagine it would be a custom system and i would use magnaflow mufflers to do the job

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah well it's just bit over now, but as I said I've changed to a better muffler must admit not sure what and added a resi, not that far off having cost me 2/3rds of what I payed for the intial system extractors included hehe, but beats a loud annoying droney system, so I think it'll have to stay where it is for now. If you know a good combination I'm more than interested to know so i can file away If I ever have a lot of spare cash to play with on it.
By the way for the parts I've had changed I used a mob called pipewerx exhuast in mount gravatt, there really cheap by comparison to anywhere else I called and sorted the jobs out in next to no time.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I couldnt tell you what works as i havent done it but i can say ive usedmagnaflow mufflers and my brother has to and made both cars heaps quiter and a nice note. We both felt it that both our cars made more power as well.

If i could just buy the rebback system without mufflers i would buy the piping and just weld magnaflows on it instead.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
I couldnt tell you what works as i havent done it but i can say ive usedmagnaflow mufflers and my brother has to and made both cars heaps quiter and a nice note. We both felt it that both our cars made more power as well.

If i could just buy the rebback system without mufflers i would buy the piping and just weld magnaflows on it instead.

You can buy off the shelf straight through systems I am fairly sure.

I bought my last exhaust off some mob on ebay for like $180 and cut out the s**t muffler to put in an aerochamber....all the bends and stuff were still decent.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll look into that and see how much it will set me back

Replace with the following mufflers from magnaflow but not sure how long the current muffler assembly is so i better get under the car and measure up

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=7883

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=7898

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shop ... in&id=7939

I would rather there stainless steal mufflers but if its too much cost difference and its the same internally ill just go non stainless muffler.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2